[hpc-announce] CFP: Gateways 2020 in October 2020 - Tutorials due April 28, other formats due May 11

Sandra Gesing sandra.gesing at nd.edu
Fri Mar 27 12:13:45 CDT 2020

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: GATEWAYS 2020 (October 19–21, Bethesda,
Maryland) is now accepting submissions of short papers, demos, panels,
tutorials, and workshops on the topic of gateways for science,
engineering, or other disciplines.

WHAT’S A GATEWAY? Gateways are user-friendly interfaces to computing,
data, instruments, and other domain-specific resources to support
research and education. They may also be known as portals, virtual
research environments, eScience, virtual labs, eResearch, digital
repositories, or research cyberinfrastructure.

POPULAR TOPICS INCLUDE:

> Gateway design, use, impact, development processes, sustainability, or best practices
> Educational topics (tutorials, demos) directed toward the next generation of gateway creators as well as gateways used for education
> Any other aspect interesting to fellow gateway creators or users, such as emerging capabilities, approaches or technologies

LEARNING LABS (impromptu group discussions and gatherings) will also
be welcoming early submissions as well as on-site proposed topics.

DEADLINES:
> Tutorials and Workshops: April 28 (new deadline to accommodate COVID-19 interruptions)
> Short Papers, Demos, and Panels: May 11
> Posters (open to all attendees): September 11

Read more details in the CALL FOR PARTICIPATION:
http://sciencegateways.org/gateways2020/call

COVID-19 UPDATE:
Because the COVID-19 outbreak is changing rapidly, we are continuing
to plan our October conference while monitoring the situation. In case
we have to cancel, we will strive to offer an alternative format, and
peer-reviewed, accepted submissions would still be published in the
Gateways 2020 Proceedings. Questions, concerns, and suggestions may be
sent to help at sciencegateways.org.

Sandra Gesing
Associate Research Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Computational Scientist, Center for Research Computing
University of Notre Dame
http://www3.nd.edu/~sgesing