[hpc-announce] Second CFP: 31st IEEE ASAP 2020 (Abst 3/28, Paper Due: 4/3)

yoshiki yoshiki at cs.tsukuba.ac.jp
Tue Mar 17 22:46:25 CDT 2020

[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email. If you'd like to
opt out of these
announcements, information on how to unsubscribe is available at the
bottom of this email.]

===  Second Call for Papers  (ASAP 2020)
================================
31st IEEE International Conference on
Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors (ASAP 2020)
Manchester, United Kingdom, July 6–8, 2020
https://asap2020.cs.manchester.ac.uk/

********** << Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policies >> **********
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has developed into a pandemic.
However, we must preserve research-exchange opportunities
through initiatives that are suited to the times. Currently,
we plan to run ASAP 2020 as usual in July. In case attendees
are impacted by travel bans, video conferencing options will
be provided. In case ASAP 2020 can not ignore the influence
of COVID-19, we will provide an entire online conference
solution to hold ASAP 2020 in a virtual format.

March 27, 2020: Abstract Submission Deadline
                 https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asap2020.
April 03, 2020: Paper Due

Confirmed Keynotes:
o "What a Hardware Architect should know about HPC and Mixed
     Precision in Numerical Computations"
     Jack Dongarra, University Distinguished Professor and Director of
     the Innovative Computing Laboratory at the University of Tennessee
o "Meaningful Control of Data in Distributed Systems"
     Satnam Singh, Software Engineer at Google AI

The 31st IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems,
Architectures and Processors will take place in Manchester, UK. The
history of the ASAP conference traces back to the International
Workshop on Systolic Arrays, organized in 1986 in Oxford, UK. It later
developed into the International Conference on Application-Specific
Array Processors. With its current title, it was held for the first
time in Chicago, USA, Prospective authors are invited to submit
original, unpublished research papers through Easychair:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asap2020.

All papers will be reviewed by at least three members of the technical
program committee, with a double-blind review process. Manuscripts for
each full article should not exceed eight single-spaced, double-column
pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference
style), including references, figures, and tables. The manuscript for
short articles should not exceed four single-spaced, double-column
pages. All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format. All
accepted papers must be presented by one of the authors to be included
in the proceedings and published in IEEE Xplore.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has developed into a pandemic. However,
we must preserve research-exchange opportunities through initiatives
that are suited to the times. Currently, we plan to run ASAP 2020
as usual in July. In case attendees are impacted by travel bans, video
  conferencing options will be provided. In case ASAP 2020 can not
ignore the influence of COVID-19, we will provide an entire online
conference solution to hold ASAP 2020 in a virtual format. In the
latter case, this will require to present in the online conference
at a reduced registration fee to cover, e.g., publication cost.

*Organizing Committee*
General Chair
   - Dirk Koch
       The University of Manchester, UK
Program Co-Chairs
   - Frank Hannig
       Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
   - Javier Navaridas Palma
       The University of Manchester, UK
Finance Chair
   - David Thomas