[hpc-announce] [Deadline Extension] ISC2020 Call for Research Poster/HPC-in-Asia Poster

Teranishi, Keita knteran at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 3 07:47:39 CST 2020

The ISC research poster session is an excellent opportunity to present your latest research results, projects and innovations to a global audience including your HPC peers.

Submissions will be accepted through March 18, 2020 via the ISC 2020 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/.

Submitted research poster proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2020 Research Posters Committee, which is headed by *Ryusuke Egawa*, Tohoku University, with *Keita Teranishi*, Sandia National Laboratories, as Deputy Chair.
Contact the ISC 2020 Research Poster Chairs: research-posters-2020 at isc-events.com<mailto:research-posters-2020 at isc-events.com>

Poster authors will have the opportunity to give short presentations on their posters on Tuesday, June 23, and to informally present them to the attendees during lunch and coffee breaks. The accepted research posters will be displayed from Tuesday, June 22 through Wednesday, June 24, 2020.

The ISC organizers will sponsor the call for research posters with eight awards for outstanding research posters: the *ISC Research Poster Awards. The ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per poster for the day of their presentation.

*Important Dates*
-Submission Deadline            Mar 18, 2020, 23.59 AOE [extended]
-Notification of Acceptance     Apr 15, 2020  [extended]
-Final Presentation Slides due  Jun.03, 2020
-Research Posters Presentations [&] Reception     Jun.23, 2020
-HPC-in-Asia Posters Presentations [&] Reception* Jun.24, 2020
-Research Posters on Display                      Jun.22-24, 2020

*Areas of Interest*
Research posters are intended to cover all areas of interest as listed in the call for research papers. Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.

*HPC-in-Asia*
>From last year, we have merged the HPC-in-Asia posters with our regular research posters activity. Researchers in Asia (who are from Asia, and/or working for institutes in Asia) are strongly encouraged to submit their poster proposals for ISC 2020 to the call for research posters here. We will prepare a button for HPC-in-Asia Option in the submission site for the Researchers in Asia. *Reviews are based on the criteria of the Research Posters. If your proposal is accepted for the Research Posters with the Option of HPC-in-Asia, you can present your posters in both of the Research Poster Session (June 23, 2020) and the HPC-in-Asia Poster Session (June 24, 2020).

*Submission [&] Review Process*
Research/HPC-in-Asia poster proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2020 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by March 18, 2020.

The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Poster title
- Poster author information
- Short poster abstract (250 words maximum)
- Topic area (as listed in the *call for research papers
              https://www.isc-hpc.com/research-papers-2020.html)
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed
  A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm))
The Research Posters Committee will review and evaluate allsubmitted posters based on their originality, significance, quality and clarity. Each poster will be reviewed *double-blind* (see ISC High Performance Double-Blind Review Guidelines
<https://www.isc-hpc.com/files/isc_events/documents/ISC2020_double_blind_guidelines.pdf>
by at least three reviewers and should be submitted in a form suitable for anonymous review.

The Research Posters Committee <https://www.isc-hpc.com/isc-committees.html> will select the posters for presentation at ISC 2020.

*Presentation Slides for Attendees*
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the posters/presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2020 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.

*Publications*
The International Journal “Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations” announces the third issue of 2020 (#3/2020) as a special issue devoted to the best research posters presented at ISC High Performance 2020. The authors of the best posters will be invited to submit papers to JSFI as full papers or short communications (see details at http://superfri.org<http://superfri.org/>).

Research Posters Committee
Ryusuke Egawa, Tohoku University, Cyberscience Center, Japan (Chair)
Keita Teranishi, Sandia National Laboratories, United States of America (Deputy Chair)
Lin Gan, Tsinghua University, National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi, China (HPC Asia Poster Chair)
Kento Sato, RIKEN, Japan  (HPC Asia Poster Deputy Chair)
Sridutt Bhalachandra, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States of America
Marc Casas, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
Irina Demeshko, Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States of America
Christian Engelmann, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States of America
Kei-ichiro Fukazawa, Kyoto University, Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Japan
Ana Gainaru, Vanderbilt University, United States of America
Wilfried Gansterer, University of Vienna, Austria
Patricia Gonzalez, University of A Coruna, Spain
Jose Gracia, University of Stuttgart, HLRS, Germany
Ryan E. Grant, Sandia National Laboratories, University of New Mexico, United States of America
Dominik Geddeke, University of Stuttgart, Germany
Sara Hamouda, INRIA, France
Toshihiro Hanawa, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Oguz Kaya, Universite Paris-Saclay, LRI, France
Ignacio Laguna, Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory,
Seyong Lee, ORNL, United States of America
Jiajia Li, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, United States of America
Hitoshi Murai, RIKEN, Japan
Takeshi Nanri, Kyushu University, Japan
Swaroop.S. Pophale, ORNL, United States of America
Jesmin Jahan Tithi, INTEL CORP, Intel, United States of America
Vadim Voevodin, RCC MSU, Russia
Jeffrey Young, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States of America