[hpc-announce] EuroMPI/USA 2020: Call for Research Poster (Submissions due Jul 25, 2020)
hermanns at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 20 01:19:22 CDT 2020
Subject: EuroMPI/USA 2020: Call For Research Posters
**** EuroMPI/USA 2020 ****
**** Austin, TX USA ****
**** Sep 21-24, 2020 ****
Research Poster Submissions due Jul 25, 2020 (AOE)
EuroMPI/USA 2020 will continue to increase its focus outside MPI, to
include extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance
homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel
I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other
interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, posters
and invited talks, the meeting will provide ample opportunities for
attendees to interact and share ideas and experiences to contribute to
the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel
The poster session at the EuroMPI 2020 conference is an excellent
opportunity to engage with the community and propose and discuss new
ideas and latest results not yet ready to be full papers. We are
soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI 2020 that show-case work on
the Message Passing Interface (MPI) or work that is related to
message-passing parallel computing. We invite submissions from users
of MPI, developers of MPI, and researchers in the broader field of
message-passing parallel computing. We particularly encourage graduate
students to publicize their ongoing work.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation improvements towards exascale computing,
such as many-core, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
* Performance bugs in MPI implementations.
* Interaction between message-passing software and new
high-performance hardware architectures.
* New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
* API limitations of MPI; extensions to MPI.
* Hybrid and heterogeneous programming; combining MPI with
* MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
* Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and
* New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like
hierarchical programming and global address spaces.
* MPI parallel programming in clouds.
Applications and Performance
* Performance evaluation for MPI or MPI-based applications on
HPC machines or using cloud resources.
* Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and
* Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
* Applications using message passing, for example, in
computational science and scientific computing.
* New parallel algorithms expressed in the message-passing
Posters will be reviewed for quality, originality, clarity,
correctness, technical strength, and relevance to the topics of the
meeting. Each poster will receive at least 3 reviews from members of
the poster committee. Reviews are blind (but not double-blind), the
names of the authors will be seen by the poster committee.
- Submission Deadline: Jul 25, 2020 (AOE)
- Notification of Acceptance: Aug 15, 2020
All posters need to be submitted through EasyChair:
All poster submissions must include:
* A title and a short abstract (175 word maximum).
* An extended abstract (3 pages maximum, including figures
and references, and formatted according to the “sigconf”
style in the ACM 2017 Template
* A poster draft. Note that complete results are not
necessary. It is acceptable to have placeholders for last-
* Poster format should be A0 page size (either portrait or
landscape). See the attached size guide instructions for
The abstracts and posters will NOT be published in the conference
proceedings. Due to the Covid-19 situation, the posters selected this
year will have an entirely online presentation, divided in two parts:
a promotional video and an online presentation.
The authors of accepted posters will need to create a short 5 minute
promotional video discussing the poster, that will be posted on the
EuroMPI'20 website 2 weeks prior to the event. During the EuroMPI'20
event posters will be presented in an online session as part of the
conference program, followed by discussions.
Poster Track Chairs:
- George Bosilca, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
- Marc-Andre Hermanns, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Anja Gerbes, Goethe Universität Frankfurt, Germany
- Claudia Blaas-Schenner, TU Wien, Austria
- Julien Jaeger, CEA, France
- Servio Rivas-Gomez, EPFL, Switzerland
- Radita Liem, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Emmanuel Jeannot, INRIA, France
- Nuria Losada, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
Dr. rer. nat. Marc-André Hermanns
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
Phone: +49 241 80-24381
hermanns at itc.rwth-aachen.de
More information about the hpc-announce