[hpc-announce] Important Announcement on IEEE Cluster 2020 KOBE

Satoshi Ohshima ohshima at cc.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Fri Jul 10 08:34:02 CDT 2020

(this is re-send mail, I have already sent it 2020/07/07 14:47 JST, but there is no action)

Important Announcement on IEEE Cluster 2020 KOBE
22nd IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (IEEE Cluster 2020)
Kobe, Japan, September 14-17, 2020.
https://clustercomp.org/2020/

Dear researchers,

On behalf of the Organization Committee of IEEE Cluster2020 Kobe, we like to
announce about the operation of the conference. Due to world wide situation under
COVID-19, we have decided to operate the IEEE Cluster2020 Conference in Kobe as
ON-LINE style. There is no physical activity on-site in Kobe. It is our deepest regret to
make this decision, but we concluded that it is quite difficult for all the attendees to
have an international travel although Japan is relatively calm against to the
circumstance with COVID-19. Most importantly, the top priority is your health and not
spreading this corona virus in the world. We sincerely beg your understanding.

Currently, we are trying to make the best program in this situation, keeping the
conference schedule date as the original one, and arranging the session including
keynote talks as much as possible in real-time and bidirectional interaction. But it does
NOT mean that we do everything on time with remote conferencing. We arrange the
conference schedule to reduce your stress to join it so long time along inconvenient
hours in every day. Please wait for the next announcement on our solution.

Here is another important issue. The conference proceedings is issued perfectly same
as ordinary conference from IEEE including technical papers and poster abstracts. It
means that the review process is under going as same with ordinary manner, and all
the authors will be announced of the decision by the program committee.

The organizing committee will continue to work to make the conference as one of the
best in this series. Please stay tuned!

Taisuke Boku (University or Tsukuba) and Pete Beckman (Argonne National Laboratory)
IEEE Cluster 2020 Kobe General Co-Chairs

--
Satoshi OHSHIMA
e-mail: ohshima at cc.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Associate Professor