[hpc-announce] New in 2020: SciPy High Performance Python Track

Laurie Stephey lastephey at lbl.gov
Mon Jan 20 13:14:35 CST 2020

New in 2020: SciPy High Performance Python Track

SciPy is a conference that focuses on how Python is being used in scientific
applications across many disciplines. It is now in its 19th year and like
Python, has been growing rapidly. SciPy will take place in Austin, TX from July
6-12, 2020.

https://www.scipy2020.scipy.org/

This year the SciPy organizers have added two new tracks– High Performance
Python and Machine Learning and Data Science.

https://www.scipy2020.scipy.org/talk-poster-presentations

Andreas Kloeckner and I will be the co-chairs for the High Performance Python
track. We hope that it will serve as a gathering place for the growing Python
HPC community to exchange ideas, resources, and to get to know each other. We
are making an effort to reach out to Python users in many communities. You can
help us by spreading the word!

--------------
Key Topics
--------------

* Python performance optimization
* Strategies to run Python at large scale
* Methods to enable Python on many diverse architectures, especially GPUs

Submission information

We encourage anyone who is interested to submit a talk (25 mins) or a poster.
If selected for a talk, the authors will have the option to write a paper in
the open source conference proceedings. Here is a link to the 2019 proceedings:

https://conference.scipy.org/proceedings/scipy2019/

The deadline for submissions is February 11, 2020. If you have any questions or
comments, please reach out to me at lastephey at lbl.gov or Andreas Kloeckner at
andreask at illinois.edu.