[hpc-announce] ACM HotMobile 2021 CFP: The 22nd Annual International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, Cyberspace, February 24-26, 2021

Yufei Sun yufeisun369 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:16:27 CDT 2020

[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this invitation]

The 22nd Annual International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and
Applications (ACM HotMobile 2021)

*https://hotmobile.org/2021/ <https://hotmobile.org/2021/>*

Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

February 24-26, 2021

Cyberspace

*Call for Papers*

ACM HotMobile 2021, the Twenty-second International Workshop on Mobile
Computing Systems and Applications continues the series of highly
selective, interactive workshops focused on mobile applications, systems,
and environments, as well as their underlying state-of-the-art
technologies. HotMobile's small workshop format makes it ideal for
presenting and discussing new directions or controversial approaches.

We solicit submissions of papers that (1) focus primarily on systems and
applications and (2) propose new directions of research, advocate
non-traditional approaches to old (or new) ideas, or generate controversy
and discussion. We especially encourage papers that identify fundamental
open questions, advocate a new approach, offer a constructive critique of
the state-of-the-art, debunk existing assumptions, report unexpected early
results, report on promising but unproven ideas, or propose new evaluation
methods. Novel ideas need not be supported by full evaluations;
well-reasoned arguments or preliminary evaluations suffice. The program
committee will explicitly favor early work and papers likely to stimulate
reflection and discussion over a “6-pages conference paper.”

We take a broad view of Mobile Systems research. This includes:

·         Novel applications, environments, and devices supporting mobility.

·         Operating system and distributed system support for mobile
computing.

·         Wearable computing, internet of things, edge computing, sensing,
and context-awareness.

·         HCI issues related to mobile computing.

·         Security and privacy of mobile computing.

·         Management, configuration, and deployment of systems supporting
mobility.

·         Wireless technology, as it pertains to mobile systems and
applications.

*·*         *Mobile and wireless technologies on lessening or resolving
various issues related to COVID-19 and future similar epidemics/pandemics.*

Important dates :

·         Deadline for submissions *October 30, 2020, 11:59pm EDT*

·         Acceptance notification    *December** 23, 2020*

Presenting at HotMobile is a good way to get early feedback on research
ideas at least one year away from a full-fledged conference submission to
ACM MobiSys or other high-quality conferences. A full-length paper on the
same topic submitted to a conference in less than a year is unlikely to
include sufficient new material and mature ideas to warrant publication.

As is customary, papers must not have been published elsewhere and may not
be simultaneously under submission at another venue. Papers accompanied by
nondisclosure agreement forms are not acceptable and will be returned to
the author(s) unread. As customary with the scientific peer review process,
submissions will be handled as confidential material during the review.

Submissions should contain 6 or fewer U.S. letter pages in PDF format,
including all references, figures and tables. The submissions should not be
anonymous. The submissions must meet the following formatting requirements:

·         Font size no smaller than 10pt.

·         Font size of the bibliography no smaller than 9pt.

·         Double column format with each column having dimensions 9.25
inches x 3.33 inches, a space of 0.33 inches between the two columns, and
with no more than 55 lines of text per column.

·         Fit properly on US letter-sized paper (8.5 inches x 11 inches).

We recommend the use of the "sigconf" ACM proceedings template, available
at: http://www.acm.org/, with the font size of the main body amended to
10pt. An example Tex document can be found here. For more submission
guidelines, please visit the conference website. Please note that it is the
responsibility of the authors to ensure that the submissions are meeting
all formatting requirements.

The papers accepted to HotMobile 2021 will be publicly available from the
workshop's website for a limited time window, as per ACM's Digital
Library's Policy.

---  HotMobile in the Time of COVID-19---

We have been closely monitoring the progress of COVID-19 pandemic and its
impact on conferences and travel restrictions. As much as we prefer to hold
in-person conferences, the safety and well-being of the community is our
top priority. Therefore, we would like to announce that ACM HotMobile 2021
has been decided to be taking place entirely virtual. With the change, we
will also be able to offer a very low registration fee while you worry less
about travel restrictions/costs. Please do not hesitate to contribute your
latest research result to the workshop! Stay safe, and we look forward to
receiving your submissions.

General Chair:  Mirco Musolesi (University College London, UK,
m.musolesi at ucl.ac.uk)

Program Committee Chair: Junehwa Song (KAIST, Korea,
junesong at nclab.kaist.ac.kr)