[hpc-announce] EuroMPI/USA 2020: Call For Research Papers And Posters
guillaume.mercier at u-bordeaux.fr
Mon Apr 6 04:32:03 CDT 2020
**** EuroMPI/USA 2020 **** Austin, TX USA **** September 21-24, 2020 ****
Submissions due May 13, 2020 (AOE)
EuroMPI/USA 2020 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also
extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance
homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools,
parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI
and other interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers,
posters and invited talks, the meeting will provide ample opportunities
for attendees to interact and share ideas and experiences to contribute
to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related
parallel programming paradigms.
We invite high-quality, full paper submissions on all topics related to
message-passing parallel programming with MPI and related or competing
models. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation Issues and Algorithms: Efficient and scalable
implementations of message-passing constructs.
- Architectures and systems: Towards exascale computing, efficient use
of accelerators and other features of modern, large-scale systems,
- Programming models and paradigms for large-scale, parallel,
distributed memory systems, hierarchical and hybrid models,
partitioned global address space (PGAS) models.
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI, alternative interfaces and
- New, parallel (MPI-)I/O mechanisms optimizations.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- Message passing interface support for data-intensive parallel
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- MPI parallel programming in clouds and non-dedicated systems.
- Applications and Performance.
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational
science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
Papers will be reviewed for quality, originality, clarity, correctness,
technical strength, and relevance to the topics of the meeting.
Each paper will receive at least 3 reviews from members of the program
committee. Reviews are blind (but not double-blind), the names of
the authors will be seen by the program committee.
Among the papers selected for presentation, a few of the best papers
will, as has been the tradition for the last couple of years, be
selected by the programme committee and recommended for publication in
a EuroMPI/USA 2020 Special Issue of the Parallel Computing journal, see
These papers will go through a separate round of reviews, and are
intended as extended, more polished archival versions of the conference
We also invite submissions of short papers on the same topics that are
suitable for poster presentation at the conference. Papers that are not
accepted for presentation as full papers may be recommended for poster
presentation. Poster papers will be published informally but are not
intended to appear in the regular ACM Digital Library proceedings.
- Submission Deadline: May 13, 2020 (AOE)
- Notification of Acceptance: July 10, 2020
Submission Guidelines:To be considered, papers must be formatted
according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template and up to 10
pages in length (shorter papers are welcome) in pdf-format.
The recommended length of poster papers is two pages.
Submissions (regular papers and posters) will be handled via easychair.
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not
include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font
sizes should not be modified.
Submission details can be found at:
More information about the hpc-announce