[hpc-announce] 2020 BSSw Fellowship Application Open

Nam, Hai Ah hnam at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 5 12:51:28 CDT 2019

We would like to draw your attention to the Better Scientific Software (BSSw) Fellowship program, the main goal of which is to foster and promote practices, processes and tools to improve developer productivity and software sustainability of scientific codes.

Each 2020 BSSw Fellow will receive up to +ACQ-25,000 for an activity that promotes better scientific software.  We encourage diverse applicants at all career stages, ranging from students through early-career, mid-career, and senior professionals.  Details of the program can be found at https://bssw.io/fellowship.

Application Deadline:
Applications for the 2020 Fellowships will be accepted through Tuesday, 15 October 2019. This is a firm deadline that will not be extended.
Those interested in applying are encouraged to participate in an informational fellowship webinar and Q+ACY-A session, scheduled for 1-2pm EDT on Friday, 20 September 2019.  Please subscribe to our mailing list (https://bssw.io/pages/receive-our-email-digest) for teleconference details and other updates on the program.

Requirements:
- Willingness to lead and advocate for practices, processes and tools to improve developer productivity and software sustainability for scientific codes
- The Fellowship is open to researchers with US institutional affiliations.

Please share this announcement with interested colleagues.

Thanks, Hai Ah Nam, Lois Curfman McInnes, David Bernholdt, and Mike Heroux