[hpc-announce] "[CFP] WOPSSS 19: Workshop on Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems

Jalil Boukhobza boukhobza at univ-brest.fr
Tue Mar 5 09:46:03 CST 2019

WOPSSS 19: Workshop on Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems
Frankfurt Marriott Hotel Hamburger Allee 2 Frankfurt, Germany, June 20, 2019

Conference website http://wopsss.org
Submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss19
Submission deadline April 20, 2019
Topics: storage file system performance analysis hpc

The Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems (WOPSSS) aims
to present state-of-the-art research, innovative ideas, and experience that
focus on the design and implementation of HPC storage systems in both
academic and industrial worlds, with a special interest on their performance
analysis.
This year, for our 4th edition, we will extend the scope of the workshop
from HPC and Cloud to Artificial Intelligence (A). AI and Deep Learning
(DL) workloads are a major trend in the industry and these domain are
specifically limited by I/O bottleneck. This is why during this edition we
propose contributors to specifically target I/O analysis and optimization
for the AI related workload.
WOPSSS intends to encourage discussion of these issues through submissions
of researchers or practitioners from both academic and industrial worlds.
The workshop is held in conjunction with the ISC-HPC during the ISC workshop
day. Note that the attendance of ISC workshops requires a workshop pass. See
also our last year's workshop web page (http://wopsss.org)

Submission Guidelines
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another
journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
Papers need to be submitted via Easychair
(http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss19)
Authors are invited to submit papers are required to be formatted in
Springer single column LNCS style
(http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0) and within
10 pages, excluding the references.
The submissions are "single-blind", i.e. submissions are allowed to include
the author names.

List of Topics
    - AI and Deep Learning workloads interactions with storage
    - Storage systems modeling and analysis tools
    - Feed-back and empirical evaluation of storage systems
    - Application I/O characterization
    - AI workload and storage performance analysis
    - Parallel I/O and storage systems: consistency, caching, replication,
reliability and fault recovery overhead
    - Network challenges and storage systems: Scalability, QoS,
Partitionability
    - Low latency storage systems usability and analysis: memory-only,
Flash, NVRAM, Storage Class Memory
    - File system design
    - Cloud and distributed storage

Committees
Program Committee ** to be completed **
    - Julien Bigot, CEA, France
    - Stefano Cozzini, CNR, Italy
    - Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo
    - Julian Kunkel, University of Reading, UK
    - Jacques-Charles Lafoucriere, CEA, France
    - Manolis Marazakis, Forth, Greece
    - Lars Nagel, Loughborough University, UK
    - Ramon Nou, BSC, Spain
    - Juan Piernas Canovas, Universidad de Murcia, Spain
    - Josef Weidendorfer, TUM, Germany
    - Soraya Zertal, Versailles University, France Organizing committee
    - Jean-Thomas Acquaviva, Research Engineer, DDN, France
    - Jalil Boukhobza, Associate professor, Univ. Bretagne Occidentale,
France
    - Phlippe Deniel, Head of Storage group,  CEA/DIF, France
    - Massimo Lamanna, Leader - Data and Storage Services Group, CERN,
Switzerland
    - Pedro Javier Garcia, Associated Professor, University of Castilla-La
Mancha, Spain
    - Allen D. Malony, Full Professor, University of Oregon, USA

Publication
WOPSSS 19 proceedings will be published in Springers, ISC-19 proccedings by
Springers.

Venue
WOPSSS is organized in conjunction the International Supercomputing
Conference (http://www.isc-hpc.com), Frankfurt, Germany.

The workshop does not have a separate registration site. Attendees need to
use the registration system provided by ISC'19
(http://www.isc-hpc.com/registration.html)
Location **probably** Marriott Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, Details about the
ISC-HPC venue

Contact
All questions about submissions should be emailed to  Jean-Thomas Acquaviva
jtacquaviva<at>ddn.com

--
Jalil Boukhobza
Associate Professor (maître de conférences HDR)