[hpc-announce] [ACM NanoCom'19] Student Travel Grants
abadal at ac.upc.edu
Tue Jul 30 06:00:00 CDT 2019
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this student travel grants
*********** ACM NanoCom 2019 - Student Travel Grants ***********
6th ACM International Conference on Nanoscale Computing and Communication
September 25 - 27, 2019
To qualify for this travel grant, the applicant must be studying in an
accredited US institution. Student recipients will be reimbursed after the
conference (based on the collected receipts). Students must book their
flights from US-based carriers. All recipients of the student travel grants
are required to register by August 25, 2019 at a Student FULL Registration
rate or a Student Registration rate. The final award is contingent upon the
recipient showing a proof of registration.
In order to be considered for this travel grant, students DO NOT need to
have a paper accepted in the conference. Preference will be given to
undergraduate/graduate students who satisfy one or more of the following
- First-time participants in the conference;
- Undergraduate students or students in early stages of their graduate
studies without alternate means of support;
- Students from underrepresented minority groups or minority-serving
institutions that are not traditionally represented in NanoCom;
- Students who have not received NSF travel grants before.
Fractions of award reserved for special categories
- 25% of the Total Awarded Funds are reserved for first-time attendees
to NanoCom who do not have a paper accepted to the conference.
Undergraduates and beginning graduate students are strongly encouraged to
- 25% of the Total Awarded Funds are reserved for under-represented
groups (women, minorities and people with disabilities), who do not need to
have paper accepted to the conference.
An application for a student travel grant consists of the following
- A request letter from the student (see below);
- The student's Curriculum Vitae;
- A recommendation letter from the student's graduate advisor;
- An estimate of the costs to attend NanoCom: airfare, hotel, and
conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will
partially cover these overall costs. Please note that incomplete
applications will not be considered.
The letter from the student should be at most one page and include the
- Whether the student has an authored paper being accepted by ACM/IEEE
NanoCom 2019 and the paper title (this is not a requirement to be selected
for the travel award, but will determine whether the applicant is in one of
the special categories defined above);
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
students should demonstrate a serious interest in networking, through their
course work and projects;
- A description of areas reflected in the ACM/IEEE NanoCom 2019 program
that would impact the student’s research;
- A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the
The advisor's recommendation letter for the student should include:
- Confirmation that the student is an undergraduate/graduate student in
good academic standing;
- The suitability of the ACM/IEEE NanoCom 2019 program material to the
student’s study/research areas;
- Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the
- The advisor’s commitment to covering the student’s travel cost in
excess of the travel grant.
Moreover, the application should include an itemized estimation from the
student about the travel expenses of attending the conference, including
airfare, lodging, conference registration, etc.
Applicants should create their application as a single PDF file, following
the format described above.
After login to EDAS, click on the “Travel Grants" tab, look for a
conference called "ACM NanoCom'19", and then submit the application. Direct
link to the submission page is https://edas.info/G.php?g=626.
- *Application Deadline: *August 10, 2019 at 23:59 EST
- *Notification Deadline: *August 20, 2019
- *Awardee Acceptance Deadline:* August 25, 2019
More information about the hpc-announce