[hpc-announce] ICCCN 2019 Call for Participation (Valencia, Spain July 29- August 1)

Pub Conf publicityconference86 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:08:56 CDT 2019

We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to cordially invite you to join us at the ICCCN 2019 to be
held in Valencia, Spain between July 29 and August 1, 2019. This year will
be the 28th year/edition of the ICCCN and we have a fantastic slate of
keynote speakers, panelists, and research papers. We encourage you to join
us to help celebrate this milestone for ICCCN!

*Conference Highlights*:
    ICCCN 2019 (http://icccn.org/icccn19/)
    July 29 - August 1, 2019
    Valencia, Spain

*Technical Co-Sponsor*: IEEE, IEEE Communication Society.

ICCCN is one of the leading international conferences for presenting novel
ideas and fundamental advances in the fields of computer communications and
networks. ICCCN serves to foster communication among researchers and
practitioners with a common interest in improving communications and
networking through scientific and technological innovation. The primary
focus of the conference is on new and original research results in the
areas of design, implementation, and applications of computer
communications and networks.

The four-day program features three keynote talks and two plenary panels
given by world-renowned scholars covering a variety of exciting research
topics. We have more than 140 research presentations (including invited
paper sessions) scheduled in the main conference plus the accompanying
workshops and the poster session, all held in Valencia, one of the most
beautiful cities in the world.

*Keynote Speakers*:
July 29, 2019 (Monday):
TITLE: "From Vehicular Networking to 5G and Mobile Edge Computing and Back"
       Professor Dr.-Ing. habil. Falko Dressler
       Heinz Nixdorf Institute, Paderborn University, Germany

July 30, 2019 (Tuesday):
TITLE: "THE RISE OF SMART CITIES"
       Professor Dr. Chai Keong Toh, FIEEE
       National Tsing Hua University Chair Professor & Council of GLG, USA

July 31, 2019 (Wednesday):
TITLE: "AI @ Edge"
       Mudhakar Srivatsa, PhD
       IBM T. J. Watson Research Center

*Panel #1*: IoT, 5G, and Edge AI: Challenges and Opportunities (July 29,
2019)
Panelists:
Tarek Abdelzaher, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
   http://abdelzaher.cs.illinois.edu/
Suman Banerjee, University of Wisconsin-Madison,
   http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~suman/
Nirmit V Desai, IBM Research,

https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-nirmit.desai
Koen Langendoen, Delft University of Technology,
   http://www.st.ewi.tudelft.nl/koen/
Moderator: Xiaofan (Fred) Jiang (lead), Columbia University
   https://www.ee.columbia.edu/xiaofan-fred-jiang

*Panel 2*: Machine Learning for Cloud Networks (July 30, 2019)
Panelists:
Moderator: Ramya Raghavendra (lead) - IBM Research,
   https://researcher.watson.ibm.com/researcher/view.php?person=us-rraghav
Prof. Theo Benson - Brown University,
   http://cs.brown.edu/~tab/
Alexis Le Quoc (CTO, DataDog),
   https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexislequoc/
Mike Cugini (Site Reliability Engineer, Dropbox),
   https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikecugini/
Prof. Bhuvan Urgaonkar (Penn State University),
   http://www.cse.psu.edu/~buu1/

*Workshops* (Thursday, August 1, 2019):

1. 9th International Workshop on Security, Privacy, Trust, and Machine
Learning for IoT (IoTPST-ML 2019); https://sites.google.com/view/sptmliot/
2. 1st International Workshop on Smart City Communication and Networking
(SmartCityCom 2019); http://cs.pnw.edu/SmartCityCom
3. 1st International Workshop on Vehicular Networks over Future Internet
Architecture (VFIA 2019); https://sites.google.com/view/vfia-2019
4. 1st International Workshop on Edge of Things: Enabling Internet of
Things Ecosystems through the Edge Computing (EoT 2019);
http://plasma.deis.unical.it/events/EoT2019/
5. 2nd International Workshop on Big Data and Machine Learning for Security
(BDMLS 2019); http://www.bdmls.tech/
6. 2nd International Workshop on Edge Computing and Networking (ECN 2019);
http://ecn2019.edgecomp.org/
7. 1st International Workshop on Social Media Sensing (SMS'19);
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~mirri/sms19/

*Poster Session (12 presentations)* - July 31, 2017.

*Organization Committees*:
Prof. Tarek F. Abdelzaher, Executive Chair;
Dr. Raghu Ganti and Prof. Juan Carlos Cano, General Co-Chairs;
Prof. Carlos T. Calafate and Prof. Tian He, TPC Co-Chairs
Prof. Pietro Manzoni and Kewei Sha, Workshop General Co-Chairs;
Prof. Kang Chen, Poster Chair;
Prof. Enrique Hernandez and Prof. Kang Chen, Publicity Co-Chairs