[hpc-announce] EuroMPI 2019 - Call for Posters

Stefano Markidis s.markidis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 11:06:23 CDT 2019

=====================================
|| EuroMPI 2019 - Call for Posters ||
=====================================

http://eurompi19.inf.ethz.ch/node/13

Important Dates

Posters submissions due date: 27th July 2019 (AOE)
Posters notification date: 11th August 2019
Conference dates: 11th-13th September 2019

The poster session at the EuroMPI 2019 conference is an excellent opportunity to engage with the community by discussing new ideas and latest results that are not yet ready to be full papers.

We are soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI 2019 that show-case work on the Message Passing Interface (MPI) or work that is related to message-passing parallel computing. We particularly encourage graduate students to publicise their ongoing work. We invite submissions from users of MPI, developers of MPI, and researchers in the broader field of message-passing parallel computing.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Implementation Issues

* Implementation improvements towards exascale computing, such as many-core, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
* Performance bugs in MPI implementations.
* Interaction between message-passing software and new high-performance hardware architectures.
* New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.

* Programming Models

* API limitations of MPI; extensions to MPI.
* Hybrid and heterogeneous programming; combining MPI with other interfaces.
* MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
* Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
* New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces.
* MPI parallel programming in clouds.

* Applications and Performance

* Performance evaluation for MPI or MPI-based applications on HPC machines or using cloud resources.
* Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
* Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
* Applications using message passing, for example, in computational science and scientific computing.
* New parallel algorithms expressed in the message-passing paradigm.

Submission Instructions

http://eurompi19.inf.ethz.ch/node/13

Poster submissions should be submitted to the EuroMPI 2019 poster chairs via email to: Daniel Holmes <d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk> and to Stefano Markidis <markidis at kth.se>.
All poster submissions must include:

* A short abstract (175 word maximum).
* An extended abstract (3 pages maximum, including figures and references, and formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template)).
* A poster draft. Note that complete results are not necessary. It is acceptable to have placeholders for last-minute results.
* Poster format should be A0 page size (either portrait or landscape). See the attached size guide instructions for more details.

The abstracts and posters will NOT be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS. In case of acceptance, posters will be presented at the conference and, if the authors agree, they will be published on the EuroMPI'19 poster web page.