[hpc-announce] PASC19 Call for Posters: Extended Deadline 27 January 2019
robinson at cscs.ch
Wed Jan 23 04:53:13 CST 2019
CALL FOR POSTERS
Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing
June 12-14, 2019
Extended deadline: 27 January 2019
The Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) invites poster submissions for PASC19, co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and SIGHPC, which will be held at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, from June 12 to 14, 2019 (https://pasc19.pasc-conference.org).
PASC19 is the sixth edition of the PASC Conference series, an international platform for the exchange of competences in scientific computing and computational science, with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
As in previous years, the technical program of PASC19 is organized around eight scientific domains:
* Chemistry and Materials
* Climate and Weather
* Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
* Emerging Application Domains (incl. but not limited to social sciences, finance, ...)
* Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow, ...)
* Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology, ...)
* Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD, ...)
* Solid Earth Dynamics
Poster presentations provide an ideal opportunity for the exchange of ideas and expertise within and between the various computational science domains represented at the conference. Poster submissions should describe topical research related to domain science, applied mathematics, computer science or software engineering. Posters that address aspects emphasizing the theme of PASC19 – Exascale and Beyond – are particularly welcome.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW
The poster submission should include the following information:
* Topic: A title for the poster of no more than 20 words.
* Domain: Select a primary domain and optionally additional domains
* Author details: Full names and contact details of author(s).
* Abstract for review: A description of the work for publication in the online program (no more than 200 words).
Proposals must be submitted through the PASC19 online submission portal
* 27 January 2019: Extended Deadline
Deadlines correspond to 23:59 anywhere on earth ('AoE' or 'UTC-12').
MINISYMPOSIUM AND POSTERS PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIRS
* Haohuan Fu (National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi, China)
* Simon Scheidegger (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
Chemistry and Materials
* Zhong Jin (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
* Nuria Lopez (Catalan Institute of Chemical Research, Spain)
Climate and Weather
* Joachim Biercamp (German Climate Computing Center, Germany)
* Zhenya Song (State Oceanic Administration, China)
Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
* Stefan Wild (Argonne National Laboratory, US)
* Wei Xue (Tsinghua University, China)
Emerging Application Domains
* Philipp Eisenhauer (University of Bonn, Germany)
* Andrew Lumsdaine (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, US)
* Ilias Bilionis (Purdue University, US)
* Claudia Schillings (University of Mannheim, Germany)
* Weiguo Liu (Shandong University, China)
* Arvind Ramanathan (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US)
* Roger Käppeli (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
* Sinéad Ryan (Trinity College, Ireland)
Solid Earth Dynamics
* Alice Gabriel (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany)
* Chun Liu (Nanjing University, China)
If you have any questions regarding the submission or reviewing process
please email info at pasc-conference.org<mailto:info at pasc-conference.org>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce