[hpc-announce] Call for contributions: PhD Forum at ISC High Performance 2019
Florina M. Ciorba
florina.ciorba at unibas.ch
Thu Jan 17 15:24:38 CST 2019
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
PhD Forum at ISC High Performance 2019, Frankfurt, Germany, Monday, June 17, 2019.
Submission deadline: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE
The ISC High Performance conference is Europe’s largest international conference and exhibition for high performance computing (HPC), networking and storage. The ISC 2019 PhD Forum provides an opportunity for PhD students to present research results in a setting that sparks scientific exchange and lively discussions.
The PhD Forum will be held on Monday, June 17, 2019 and consists of two parts: a set of back-to-back short lightning talks followed by a poster presentation session. The lightning talk gives a swift, focused presentation of the PhD student’s research objectives and early results, while the poster provides a starting point for engaging discussions with more in-depth information.
Springer, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine, will again sponsor the call for PhD Forum with the ISC 2019 PhD Forum Award<https://www.isc-hpc.com/awards-2019.html>. All PhD Forum presenters are eligible to receive travel support. The presenters will be granted a free conference day pass to one presenter per PhD Forum contribution for the day of their presentation, Monday, June 17, 2019.
The PhD Forum proposals will be reviewed by the ISC 2019 PhD Forum Program Committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/isc-committees.html>, which is headed by Prof. Dr. Florina M. Ciorba,University of Basel, with Prof. Dr. Martin Schulz, TU Munich, as Deputy Chair.
Submission Deadline Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE
Notification of Acceptance Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Final Presentation Slides in PDF due Monday, June 03, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE
PhD Forum Monday, June 17, 2019
Final Posters in PDF due Friday, June 21, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE
AREAS OF INTEREST
The topics of research should be related to HPC and may range from performance analysis to optimization, from tools to applications, and from software engineering to hardware architectures, with a cross-cut on reproducible and open-science research. Essentially, all areas covered in the call for research papers<https://www.isc-hpc.com/research-papers-2019.html> are also accepted for the PhD Forum submissions. We strongly encourage submissions by students in an early phase of their PhD track.
AWARD & TRAVEL SUPPORT
After the poster session, the PhD Forum Program Committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/isc-committees.html> will elect one student to receive the "ISC 2019 PhD Forum Award”. The award is sponsored by Springer<http://www.springer.com/>, the international publisher specializing in science, technology and medicine. The winner will receive a high-end tablet from Springer.
All PhD Forum presenters are eligible to receive travel support. The funding is provided by the DFG priority program 1648 "Software for Exascale Computing" (SPPEXA). A total of 4,500 euros will be distributed fairly according to the number of presenters and the regions of residence.
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
PhD Forum proposals need to be submitted via the ISC 2019 submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/ by Wednesday, February 17, 2019, 11:59 pm AoE. The following information needs to be provided in the online submission form:
- Author information
- Summary of research objectives/early results (500 words maximum)
- Topic area
- One to five keywords
- Draft of the poster as PDF file, 1 page maximum (the final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”) (accepted posters can be revised based on reviewer feedback)
The PhD Forum Program Committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/phd-forum-2019.html> will review and evaluate all submitted proposals based on their originality, significance, quality and clarity. Each proposal (that is, the title, summary of research objectives, topic area, keywords, and draft of the poster) will be reviewed double-blind (see ISC 2019 Double-Blind Review Guidelines<https://www.isc-hpc.com/files/isc_events/documents/ISC17_Double-Blind_Guidelines.pdf>) by at least three reviewers and should be submitted in a form suitable for anonymous review. The PhD Forum Program Committee<https://www.isc-hpc.com/phd-forum-2019.html> will select the proposals for presentation at ISC 2019. Final decisions will be sent out on Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before ISC 2019
* Students who wish to participate in the ISC 2019 PhD Forum must not have defended their PhD thesis by the time of the conference (June 2019).
* By submitting a PhD Forum proposal, you agree to give a lightning talk and present a poster at the ISC 2019 PhD Forum in Frankfurt, Germany.
* PhD Forum presenters need to be registered ISC 2019 participants
* ISC organizers will grant a 100% discount on the conference day pass to one presenter per PhD Forum contribution for the day of their presentation.
* Poster presenters are responsible for creating, printing and transporting their posters to the conference. The final poster may not exceed A0 portrait paper size (841 mm x 1189 mm/33.1” x 46.8”) or A1 landscape paper size (594 mm x 841 mm/23.4” x 33.1”).
* Attendance will require at least an Exhibition Pass
* Only posters of registered presenters will be admitted.
* The lightning talk consists of exactly five slides; the slide presentation is automatic and provides exactly 48 seconds for each slide.
* During the poster session, the presenters are required to be available at their posters for discussions.
* The ISC organizers will provide poster boards, numbers, topic areas, tape etc. for the poster session.
After ISC 2019:
* The presenters will have to provide a set of five slides (including a title slide) for their lightning talk by Monday, June 03, 2019 at the latest.
PRESENTATION SLIDES FOR ATTENDEES
In addition to publishing PDFs of the posters in the online conference program, the ISC organizers will make the posters/presentation slides available online a week after the event, provided as PDF files. ISC 2019 attendees will receive an e-mail with the access link.
ISC 2019 PHD FORUM PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* Florina Ciorba, University of Basel, Switzerland (Chair)
* Martin Schulz, TU Munich, Germany (Deputy Chair)
* Eishi Arima, The University of Tokyo, Japan
* Hans-Joachim Bungartz, Technical University of Munich, Germany
* Christian Engelmann, NCSU, USA
* Georgios Goumas, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
* Tanzima Islam, Western Washington University, USA
* Fuerlinger Karl, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (LMU), Germany
* Harald Köstler, FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany
* Stefan Lankes, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
* Loris Marchal, CNRS, University of Lyon, France
* Gracia Ester Martin Garzon, Almeria University, Spain
* Diana Moise, Cray, Switzerland
* Raymond Namyst, University of Bordeaux, Inria, France
* Alessandro Papadopoulos, Mälardalen University, Sweden
* Olga Pearce, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
* Istvan Zoltan Reguly, Pazmany Peter Catholic University, Hungary
* Rizos Sakellariou, University of Manchester, UK
* Bettina Schnor, University of Potsdam, Germany
* Emil Slusanschi, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
* Srishti Srivastava, University of Southern Indiana, USA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce