[hpc-announce] Call for Papers: EuroMPI 2019, Zürich, Switzerland
schulzm at in.tum.de
Mon Feb 11 07:57:47 CST 2019
Zuerich, Switzerland, September 10-13, 2019
Deadline: April 15th, 2019
Call for Papers
EuroMPI 2019 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, posters and invited talks, the meeting will provide ample opportunities for attendees to interact and share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming paradigms.
We invite high-quality, full paper submissions on all topics related to message-passing parallel programming with MPI and related or competing models.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation Issues and Algorithms: Efficient and scalable implementations of message-passing constructs.
* Architectures and systems, Towards exascale computing, Efficient use of
accelerators and other features of modern, large-scale systems, Hardware-software interaction.
* Programming models and paradigms for large-scale, parallel, distributed
memory systems, hiearchical and hybrid models, partitioned global address
space (PGAS) models.
* Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI, alternative interfaces and solutions.
* New, parallel (MPI-)I/O mechanisms optimizations.
* Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
* Message passing interface support for data-intensive parallel applications.
* Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
* MPI parallel programming in clouds and non-dedicated systems.
* Applications and Performance: Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based
* Automatic performance tuning of applications and implementations.
* Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
* Applications using message passing, in particular in computational science
and scientific computing.
* Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
Papers accepted for presentation as full papers will be published by ACM and
appear in separate proceedings the ACM Digital Library.
We also invite submissions of short papers on the same topics that are suitable
for poster presentation at the conference. Papers that are not accepted for
presentation as full papers may be recommended for poster presentation. Poster
papers will be published informally but are not intended to appear in the
regular ACM Digital Library proceedings.
Papers will be reviewed for quality, originality, clarity, correctness,
technical strength, and relevance to the topics of the meeting. Each paper will receive at least 3 reviews from members of the program committee. Reviews are blind (but not double-blind), the names of the authors will be seen by the program committee.
Among the papers selected for presentation, a few of the best papers will, as
has been the tradition for the last couple of years, be selected by the
programme comittee and recommended for publication in a EuroMPI 2019 Special
Issue of the Parallel Computing journal, see
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/parallel-computing/. These papers will go
through a separate round of reviews, and are intended as extended, more
polished archival versions of the conference versions.
Submission server opens: January 14th, 2019
Full paper Submission: April 15th, 2019 (AOE)
Notification: July 1st, 2019
Camera-ready: August 5th, 2019
Conference dates: September 11th-13th, 2019
See http://eurompi19.inf.ethz.ch/call for updates.
To be considered, papers must be formatted according to the "sigconf" style in
the ACM 2017 Template and up to 10 pages in length (shorter papers are welcome)
in pdf-format. The recommended length of poster papers is two pages.
Submissions (regular papers and posters) will be handled via easychair.
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not include
references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font sizes should not
be modified. Authors should submit their work through the Euro MPI 2019
Submission Site at easychair:
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS.
Sent from my iPad
More information about the hpc-announce