[hpc-announce] SCFE2020: Supercomputing Frontiers Europe 2020
Marek.Michalewicz at icm.edu.pl
Tue Dec 3 00:02:47 CST 2019
SCFE2020: Supercomputing Frontiers Europe 2020
Venue: Copernicus Conference Centre
Warsaw, Poland, March 23-26, 2020
Conference website http://supercomputingfrontiers.eu <http://supercomputingfrontiers.eu/>
Submission link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scfe2020 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scfe2020>
Abstract registration deadline December 31, 2019
Submission deadline January 31, 2020
Topics: supercomputing big data artificial intelligence computational science and applications
Supercomputer Frontiers Europe 2020 will be the sixth edition of the annual conference which run in Singapore under the name Supercomputer Frontiers in 2015-2017 and subsequently in 2018-2019 in Warsaw, Poland. The main topics of this edition will be: computational science and supercomputing applications in all domains of science and technology, quantum computing, AI & HPC, studies of microbiome and connectome, optical computing, networking and interconnects, neuromorphic computing, big data, use of intense computing in new research context, e.g. social studies, humanities, archealogy.
SCFE is a platform for the thought leaders from both academia and industry to interact and discuss the visionary ideas, the most important global trends and substantial innovations in supercomputing. Each year we focus on somewhat different topics, but we always focus on ideas that are most innovative, ingeneous and have potential to change the course of supercomputing. We also highlight research domains that might present the greatest potential of becoming the leading applications of supercomputers in the future.
The programs of past editions https://supercomputingfrontiers.eu <https://supercomputingfrontiers.eu/> provide accurate description of the range of topics relevant to this conference.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
• Full papers describing new results obtained from large scale computations in any domain of science, engineering or humanities (e.g. based on graphs or networks), new computer processors and architectures, interconnects and networks, quantum computing, AI, big data, neuromorphic computing, omics- of all kinds, and all topics which push boundaries of our understanding.
Prospective authors are invited to submit short (4-page) extended abstracts electronically in PDF format. Submitted papers will be subjected to a peer review and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Authors of the selected papers from the conference will be invited by the SCF–Europe 2020 program committee for publication, after further review, in a special issue of the international journal of Supercomputing Frontiers and Innovations.
Submission Instructions for Journal Publication:
If you would like your paper that was presented at SCF–Europe 2020 to be considered for publication, please submit your full paper by February 20, 2020 to the web portal of Supercomputing Frontiers & Innovations Journal. Detailed instructions can be found here.
Please refer to the author guidelines that have been set by Supercomputing Frontiers & Innovations Journal.
The official language of the conference is English.
• Piotr Bala, Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Vladimir Brusic, University of Nottingham, UK
• Maciej Cytowski, Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, Australia
• Vassil Dimitrov, University of Calgary, Canada
• John Feo, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, US
• Paweł Gora, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics
• John Gustafson, National University of Singapore
• Vincent Heuveline, Computing Center, Heidelberg University, Germany
• Daniel S. Katz, University of Illinois Urbana–Champaign, US
• Scott Klasky, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US
• Kimmo Koski, CSC, Finland
• Michael Krajecki, University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne, France
• Dieter Kranzmuller, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
• Henryk Krawczyk, Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland
• Julian Martin Kunkel, University of Reading, UK
• Krzysztof Kurowski, Poznań Supercomputing And Networking Center, Poland
• Jysoo Lee, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
• James Lin, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
• Gerald Lofstead, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
• Maciej Marchwiany, Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Marek Michalewicz, (Chair) Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Richard Murphy, Micron Technology Inc., US
• Gabriel Noaje, NVIDIA, US
• Sven-Bodo Scholz, Heriot–Watt University, UK
• Chi-Sheng Shih, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
• Bronis de Supinski, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, US
• Tin-Wee Tan, National Supercomputing Centre, Singapore
• Vladimir Voevodin, Research Computing Center, Moscow State University, Russia
• Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland
• Marek Michalewicz, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Agnieszka Wiechecka, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Damian Wicik, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Cezary Redzik, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Michał Hermanowicz, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
• Katarzyna Kulczycka-Mierzejewska, ICM, University of Warsaw, Poland
All questions about submissions should be emailed to Dr Katarzyna Kulczycka-Mierzejewska, k.kulczycka-mierzejewska at icm.edu.pl <mailto:k.kulczycka-mierzejewska at icm.edu.pl>
More information about the hpc-announce