[hpc-announce] Call for Abstract contribution for Workshop: Multi-scale, Multi-physics and Coupled Problems on Highly Parallel Systems (MMCP) at HPC Asia 2020
Ebrahimi Pour, Neda
Neda.EPour at uni-siegen.de
Tue Aug 13 08:48:59 CDT 2019
Call for Abstract contribution
Submission deadline: 14th of September 2019
Workshop on Multi-scale, Multi-physics and Coupled Problems on Highly Parallel Systems (MMCP) at HPC Asia 2020, January 15-17, Fukuoka, Japan
This workshop will provide a platform to present and discuss advances in numerical simulation for complex multi-scale, multi-physics and coupled problems. The goal is to gather researchers (computer scientists, engineers, mathematicians, physicists, chemists, biologists, material sciences etc.) specialized in different disciplines but related to challenges in multi-scale and multi-physics as well as coupled simulations on HPC systems.
The main focus will be set on computational issues regarding performance and suitability for high-performance computing. Furthermore the underlying strategies to enable these simulations will be highlighted.
Keeping these aims in mind, contributions from all aspects of engineering applications will be considered. Topics of applications will include (but not be limited to):
- Multi-scale problems
- Multi-physics problems
- Molecular dynamics
- Multi-scale and/or multi-physics modelling for biomedical or biological systems
- Novel approaches to combine different scales and physics models in one problem solution
- Challenging applications in industry and academia, e.g. multi-phase flows, fluid-structure interactions, chemical engineering, material science, biophysics, automotive industry, etc.
- Load balancing
- Heterogeneous architectures
- New algorithms for parallel-distributed computing, specific to this topic.
For our workshop everyone is invited to contribute. Speakers of accepted abstracts can apply for travel grants (contact: Neda Ebrahimi Pour (neda.epour(at)uni-siegen.de ).
We are looking forward to your contribution!
Neda Ebrahimi Pour, M.Sc.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sabine Roller
Prof. Dr. Nahid Emad
More information about the hpc-announce