[hpc-announce] EuroMPI 2019, Zurich, Switzerland / May 6: extended deadline: / Call for papers
rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Sat Apr 13 11:33:18 CDT 2019
EuroMPI 2019 Call for Papers
ETH, Zurich, Switzerland, September 10-13, 2019.
Extended deadline: May 6, 2019
The EuroMPI conference is since 1994 the preeminent meeting for users,
developers and researchers to interact and discuss new developments
and applications of message-passing parallel computing, in particular
in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI). This includes
parallel programming interfaces, libraries and languages,
architectures, networks, algorithms, tools, applications, and High
Performance Computing with particular focus on quality, portability,
performance and scalability.
EuroMPI 2019 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also
extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance
homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel
I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other
interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, posters
and invited talks, the meeting will provide ample opportunities for
attendees to interact and share ideas and experiences to
contribute to the improvement and furthering of message-passing and
related parallel programming paradigms.
We invite high-quality, full paper submissions on all topics related
to message-passing parallel programming with MPI and related or
competing models. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation Issues and Algorithms: Efficient and scalable implementations of message-passing constructs.
* Architectures and systems: Towards exascale computing, efficient use of
accelerators and other features of modern, large-scale systems, hardware-software interaction.
* Programming models and paradigms for large-scale, parallel, distributed memory systems,
hierarchical and hybrid models, partitioned global address space (PGAS) models.
* Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI, alternative interfaces and solutions.
* New, parallel (MPI-)I/O mechanisms optimizations.
* Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
* Message passing interface support for data-intensive parallel applications.
* Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
* MPI parallel programming in clouds and non-dedicated systems.
* Applications and Performance
* Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
* Automatic performance tuning of applications and implementations.
* Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
* Applications using message passing, in particular in computational
science and scientific computing.
* Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
Papers accepted for presentation as full papers will be published by ACM
and appear in separate proceedings the ACM Digital Library.
We also invite submissions of short papers on the same topics that are
suitable for poster presentation at the conference. Papers that are
not accepted for presentation as full papers may be recommended for
poster presentation. Poster papers will be published informally but
are not intended to appear in the regular ACM Digital Library
Papers will be reviewed for quality, originality, clarity,
correctness, technical strength, and relevance to the topics of the
meeting. Each paper will receive at least 3 reviews from members of
the program committee. Reviews are blind (but not double-blind), the
names of the authors will be seen by the program committee.
Among the papers selected for presentation, a few of the best papers
will, as has been the tradition for the last couple of years, be
selected by the programme comittee and recommended for publication in
a EuroMPI 2019 Special Issue of the Parallel Computing journal, see
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/parallel-computing/. These papers
will go through a separate round of reviews, and are intended as
extended, more polished archival versions of the conference versions.
Submission server opens: January 14th, 2019
Full paper Submission: May 6th, 2019 (AOE) (extended from April 15th)
Notification: July 1st, 2019
Camera-ready: August 5th, 2019
Conference dates: September 11th-13th, 2019
See http://eurompi19.inf.ethz.ch/call for updates.
To be considered, papers must be formatted according to the "sigconf"
style in the ACM 2017 Template and up to 10 pages in length (shorter
papers are welcome) in pdf-format. The recommended length of poster
papers is two pages. Submissions (regular papers and posters) will be
handled via easychair.
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not
include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font
sizes should not be modified. Authors should submit their work through
the Euro MPI 2018 Submission Site at easychair:
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by ACM-ICPS.
More information about the hpc-announce