[hpc-announce] Call for participation - The 4th International Workshop on Data Reduction for Big Scientific Data (DRBSD-4) in Conjunction with SC'18

Liu, Qing qing.liu at njit.edu
Wed Oct 24 10:46:24 CDT 2018

Hi,

We are excited to announce the preliminary program of The 4th
International Workshop on Data Reduction for Big Scientific Data
(DRBSD-4) in Conjunction with SC'18.

This workshop will be featured one keynote talk by Drs. Laura Biven
and Lucy Nowell from US Department of Energy, and a invited talk by
Sean Dettrick from TAE Technologies. For more information, please
visit
https://web.njit.edu/~qliu/drbsd4.html

Workshop Program

* DRBSD-4 opening remarkS, Klasky, Liu, Foster, Ainsworth, 2:00 PM - 2:10 PM.

* Perspectives on data reduction from ASCR, Laura Biven, Lucy Nowell,
2:10 PM - 3:10 PM.

* Feature-Relevant Data Reduction for In Situ Workflows Fox, Wolf,
Logan, Choi, Klasky, Kurc, 3:10 PM - 3:25 PM.

* A Statistical Analysis of Compressed Climate Model Data, Poppick,
Nardi, Feldman, Baker, Hammerling, 3:25 PM - 3:40 PM.

Workshop Break ~15 min.

* Invited Talk, Sean Dettrick, 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM.

* Exploring Best Lossy Compression Strategy By Combining SZ with
Spatiotemporal Decimation, Liang, Di, Li, Tao, Chen, Cappello, 4:30 PM
- 4:45 PM.

* Synthetic Data Generation for Evaluating Parallel I/O Compression
Performance and Scalability, Ziegeler, Stone, 4:45 PM - 5:00 PM

* Amplitude-Aware Lossy Compression for Quantum Circuit Simulation,
Wu, Di, Cappello, Finkel, Alexeev, Chong, 5:00 PM - 5:15 PM

* A Study on Checkpoints Compression for Adjoint Computation, HOU,
Narayanan, Goldberg, Kukreja, Nicolae, Hovland 5:15 PM - 5:30 PM.

--
Dr. Qing Liu
Assistant Professor
Email: qing.liu at njit.edu