[hpc-announce] Scalable Tools Workshop - July 2018

Barton Miller bart at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 6 10:28:37 CST 2018

*2018 Scalable Tools Workshop*

We would like to invite you to attend the 2018 edition of the Scalable
Tools Workshop, formerly known as the Petascale Tools Workshop and
CScADS Tools Workshop. The workshop is a 3.5 day event to be held July
8-12 at the beautiful Solitude Mountain Resort, just outside of Salt
Lake City.

This is a meeting attended by tool researchers and developers to discuss
common interests and work to advance the state of the art. The
organization of this year's workshop will be like that of prior years.
For the benefit of those of you who have not attended in the past, this
is a *working *workshop that aims to foster exchange of ideas and
catalyze collaboration with colleagues in the field.

The schedule for the workshop will include a balance between attendee
presentations and working groups focused on topics of interest to two or
more attendees. Working groups can include joint work on a piece of
software, exchange of information to address immediate needs, work to
develop a standard, discussion of opportunities for collaboration,
tutorial sessions, or brainstorming about how to address challenges ahead.

There is a single workshop fee that cover registration, housing, and all
meals.

If you would like present a talk at the workshop, please *send us email*
with your proposed title and abstract.  Do so early to insure that your
presentation will be considered. Attendees are not required to make a
presentation, but you are encouraged to do so.

The meeting website can be found at:

    https://dyninst.github.io/scalable_tools_workshop/petascale2018/index.html

Once we have an initial attendee list, we will solicit topics for
working groups and (as in prior years) select the final topics at the
meeting after assessing attendee interests. If you and another
participant want to collaborate on any related topic, his is a great
place to do it.

--bart miller (UW-Madison)
   john mellor-crummey (Rice)