[hpc-announce] Deadline extension: OpenMPCon 2018

Schmidl, Dirk dirk.schmidl at atos.net
Fri Jun 22 05:36:38 CDT 2018

Call for Submissions - OpenMPCon 2018 International OpenMP Developers
Conference

September 24-26, 2018
Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Barcelona, Spain

http://www.openmpcon.org

IMPORTANT DATE:
NEW Abstract Deadline:  July 1, 2018

OpenMPCon is organized by the OpenMP community for the community, so we
invite the community to present. We want to hear how you use OpenMP, and
others want to learn from your experience. Give a tutorial, present a
poster, give a technical talk and describe your work, show a crazy idea, or
just hang out.

What’s the schedule?

- Call for Submissions: Open
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts: June 15, 2018
- Notifications: July 27, 2018
- Presentation materials due date: At the event, September 24-26

Who should submit?

You. If you have something interesting to share with the OpenMP community
then consider presenting. Our goal is to create the best program that we can
and we feel that there must be room for both seasoned presenters and new
voices. Do you have something to say? Submit your idea in the form of a
short abstract and if accepted you can have your own session at OpenMPCon.

Submissions are requested from industry experts, developers, and academia on
all topics related to OpenMP, including but not limited to: application
development from any discipline, algorithms, performance analysis, tools and
libraries, optimization, verification, portability and education.

Submissions can be in the form of:
- Technical presentations
- Tutorials and workshops
- Posters
- Panel discussions

What types of submissions are we looking for?

We target a technical audience so we are looking for technical sessions or
posters that are likely to appeal to OpenMP developers.  OpenMPCon
submissions are not limited to un-published research, but should be topical
and of a technical nature.  If you are looking to submit unpublished
research papers we would recommend that in the first instance you apply to
the IWOMP Conference.

All submissions should be in the form of short abstracts (minimum 300 words,
maximum 1,000 words) and must be made as PDF documents via the easychair
system. All submissions will go through a peer review process. Session
material will be posted on the OpenMPCon website and will be available to
conference attendees.

Topics?

Generally, we are interested in any OpenMP-related topics but if you need
some inspiration take a look at the topics list below — but you’re certainly
not limited to these ideas!
- How you Use OpenMP
- Guidelines of OpenMP
- Tips, tricks, gotchas of OpenMP
- Performance of OpenMP
- Conformance, build, options of OpenMP compilers/runtime implementations
- Latest OpenMP and older releases and how it changes life for users
- Accelerator, and heterogeneous computing (GPUs, accelerators, FPGA, etc.)
- Tasks, task groups and task dependencies
- Scientific, HPC workloads
- Commercial, analytic workload
- Oil and Gas use of OpenMP
- Research on OpenMP (although a good research paper should be submitted to
IWOMP)
- Manufacturing, games, graphics, operating system, device drivers, and
networking domains for OpenMP
- Comparisons with other parallel languages
- Future of OpenMP
- Reduction
- Base language (C++, C, Fortran) with OpenMP
- Affinity
- SIMD and vectors
- Memory model, atomics, locks, mutexes, barriers and critical sections in
OpenMP
- OpenMP APIs and environment variables
- Cancellation and Error Model
- Technical Reports
- Arrays shaping in OpenMP
- OpenMP concurrency and parallelism
- OpenMP designs
- Cancellation
- Interoperability
- Event programming, futures
- Governance, ARB, committee logistics
- OpenMP website, discussion groups, forums, twikis
- Conferences, language meetings, IWOMP
- Speculative execution and transactional memory
- Software development tools for OpenMP
- Relation with other (MPI, OpenCL, OpenACC, ISO, etc)
- History of OpenMP
- Tutorial-style sessions

GENERAL CHAIRS
  Michael Klemm, OpenMP ARB CEO and Intel

PROGRAM CHAIR
  Dirk Schmidl, Atos
  Vicenç Beltran, BSC

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
  James Beyer, NVIDIA
  Michael Klemm, Intel
  Naoya Maruyama, Lawrence Livermore National Lab
  Helen He, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
  Alice Koniges, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab

MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR
  Matthjis van Waveren

CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT
  Kathleen Mattson