[hpc-announce] 2018 IEEE CS TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in HPC
V.S.Getov at westminster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 16:15:58 CDT 2018
IEEE CS TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing – 2018
The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field
of high performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
* Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP)
* Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
* Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
* Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
* Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
* Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
Nominations: A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination must be submitted via email to tchpc-awards at computer.org. A nomination application (as a single PDF file) should contain the following details:
1. Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
2. Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
3. A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
4. CV of the nominee.
5. Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
* Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2018
* Results Notification: September 15, 2018
Award Selection Committee: The award selection committee consists of:
* Erik DeBenedictis, Sandia National Labs, USA
* Ewa Deelman, University of Southern California, USA
* Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (chair)
* Ken Miura, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
* Antonio J. Peña, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC), Spain
* Amanda Randles, Duke University, USA
* Shuaiwen Leon Song, Pacific Northwest National Lab, USA
* Zhiwei Xu, Institute of Computing Technology, CAS, China
Note that members of the selection committee cannot be nominators or provide support letters.
Award & Presentation Note: Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC18 conference that will be held in Dallas, TX, USA during November 11 – 16, 2018. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc18.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to tchpc-awards at computer.org.
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.
This message and its attachments are private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it and its attachments from your system.
More information about the hpc-announce