[hpc-announce] Call for Papers: 2nd International Industry/University Workshop on Data-center Automation, Analytics, and Control (DAAC 2018) at SC18
dong.dai at uncc.edu
Tue Jul 24 16:40:09 CDT 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2nd International Industry/University Workshop on Data-center Automation, Analytics, and Control (DAAC), at the SuperComputing 2018 conference
* Place: Dallas, Texas
* Date: Monday, November 12
* Website: https://daac-general.nsfcac.org/daac-2018
* Submission Deadline: August 27, 2018
* Author Notification: September 18, 2018
* Camera-ready Submission: October 8, 2018
This workshop is the continuation of a highly successful series introduced in 2017 at the 10th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC) conference held in Austin, Texas. The DAAC workshop series is focused on fostering discussion among industry, academic, and national laboratory participants and promoting collaboration on solutions for automated data centers and associated data center analytics and control issues. The objective is to promote and stimulate community's interactions to address some of most critical challenges in automation, analytics, and control specifically aimed for the needs of large-scale data centers in high-performance and other forms of highly scaled computing.
This workshop will provide a forum to discuss fundamental issues on real-time operation of highly automated data centers, including methods to provision, debug, analyze and control data center equipment and to improve how machines are operated, monitored, and used. Topics to be covered will include how software stacks are deployed and provisioned, how data is processed and transferred in real time from the data center to the cloud as well as challenges in design and implementation of novel automated data center architectures and systems. New methods, techniques, hardware, software, and standards for data center automation and control will be discussed and in scope.
* Design and implementation of hardware for large-scale data center operation
* Artificial intelligence methods to detect and respond to shifting workloads
* Integration of cloud software stack design and data center operations
* Real-time monitoring architectures and systems
* Data analytics infrastructures for data centers
* Data movement within and between large-scale data center implementations
* Debugging operational issues in multi-level data centers
* Data collection, analytics, security and management for data centers
* Techniques for on-demand virtual machine image or container provisioning
* Mining sensor data collected from large-scale sensing deployments
* Big data analytics in large data center sensor networks
* Sensor systems for remote and real-time monitoring of data center equipment
* Scheduling for distributed systems within and among data centers
* Optimizing energy use in multi-tenant data center deployments
* Emergency response methods for automated protection of equipment
* Control software frameworks for handling large numbers of machines
* Custom design of software and hardware to optimize operation in data centers
Manuscript submissions must be received by the announced submission deadline. All manuscripts will be reviewed by the Program Committee and evaluated on originality, relevance of the problem to the conference theme, technical strength, rigour in analysis, quality of results, and organization and clarity of presentation of the paper.
Submitted papers must represent original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Further details on the publication instructions and registration information will be published on the DAAC website.
Authors are requested to submit papers electronically. Submissions are limited to 5 pages using 10 pt fonts in the IEEE format (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html).
The 5-page limit includes figures, tables, references and appendices.
To submit your paper, please use the following link:
*Journal Special Issue*
All accepted DAAC-2018 workshop papers will be invited to extend the manuscripts to be considered for a Special Issue on Data-center Automation, Analytics, and Control of the Springer Cluster Computing: the Journal of Networks, Software Tools and Applications (Impact Factor 2.04 in 2016). This special issue is dedicated for the papers accepted in the DAAC workshop. The submission to this special issue is by invitation only.
For more questions, you can reach the organizing committee via mail at: info at daac-workshop.org
More information about the hpc-announce