[hpc-announce] EuroMPI'18: Call for Posters
aamer at anl.gov
Mon Jul 2 12:38:26 CDT 2018
EUROMPI 2018: CALL FOR POSTERS
The 25th European MPI Users Group Meeting
September 23-26, 2018
We are soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI 2018 from users, developers
and researchers concerning their work in message-passing parallel
particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
The posters session is an excellent opportunity to engage the community to
discuss new ideas and latest results that aren't necessarily ready to be
papers. We are interested in posters that cover the topics of interest
EuroMPI 2018 conference.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing,
such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in
new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
* Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical
programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
* Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational
and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
- Posters submissions due date: July 23, 2018
- Posters author notification date: August 4, 2018
- Conference dates: September 23-26, 2018
- Poster session: September 24, 2018
Poster submissions should be submitted to the Euro MPI 2018 Submission
will consist of:
- A short abstract (175 word maximum).
- An extended abstract (2 pages maximum, including figures and
formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template).
- A poster draft. Note that complete results are not necessary. It is
acceptable to have placeholders for last-minute results.
EUROMPI/USA 2018 POSTERS CHAIR
Sadaf R Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
EUROMPI/USA 2018 POSTERS COMMITTEE
- Jean-Baptiste Besnard, ParaTools SAS
- Pau Farre, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
- Harshitha Menon, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Nikela Papadopoulou, University of Athens
- Sergio Rivas-Gomez, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Xiang Ni, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
More information about the hpc-announce