[hpc-announce] IEEE HiPINEB 2018 @ HPCA - Deadline extension to January 15
Jesús Escudero Sahuquillo
Jesus.Escudero at uclm.es
Sun Jan 7 11:49:00 CST 2018
[Apologies if you receive this e-mail from multiple sources]
Due to several requests, we have extended the deadline until January, 15
Call for Papers and Program Highlights
The 4th IEEE International Workshop on High-Performance Interconnection
Networks in the Exascale and Big-Data Era
Viena, Austria, February 25, 2018
To be held in conjunction with the HPCA Conference 2018
By the year 2023, High-Performance Computing (HPC) Systems are expected
to break the performance barrier of the Exaflop (10^18 FLOPS) while
their power consumption is kept at current levels (or increases
marginally), what is known as the Exascale challenge. In addition, more
storage capacity and data-access speed is demanded to HPC clusters and
datacenters to manage and store huge amounts of data produced by
software applications, what is known as the Big-Data challenge. Indeed,
both the Exascale and Big-Data challenges are driving the technological
revolution of this decade, motivating big research and development
efforts from industry and academia. In this context, the interconnection
network plays an essential role in the architecture of HPC systems and
datacenters, as the number of processing or storage nodes to be
interconnected in these systems is very likely to grow significantly to
meet the higher computing and storage demands. Besides, the capacity of
the network links is expected to grow, as the roadmaps of several
interconnect standards forecast. Therefore, the interconnection network
should provide a high communication bandwidth and low latency, otherwise
the network would become the bottleneck of the entire system. In that
regard, many design aspects are considered when it comes to improving
the interconnection network performance, such as topology, routing
algorithm, power consumption, reliability and fault tolerance,
congestion control, programming models, control software, etc.
The main goal of the fourth edition of HiPINEB is to gather and discuss
in a full-day event the latest and most prominent efforts and advances,
from both industry and academia, in the design and development of
scalable high-performance interconnection networks, especially those
oriented to meet the Exascale challenge and Big-data demands.
All researchers and professionals, from both industry and academia,
working in the area of interconnection networks for scalable HPC systems
and Datacenters are encouraged to submit an original paper to the
workshop and to attend this event.
* Keynote titled "The three L's in modern high-performance networking:
Low latency, Low cost, Low processing load", will be given by Torsten
Hoefler, ETH Zürich.
* Selected papers will be invited to submit and extended version to a
Special Issue of Elsevier Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
* Panel session: "Industrial perspective of high-speed communication
technology evolution", moderated by Dr. Young Cho, Research Assistant
Professor of Computer Science in University of Southern California,
Viterbi School of Engineering, and the USC Information
Sciences Institute (ISI).
- Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies, Israel
- Ola Torudbakken, Skala Norge AS, Norway
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The list of topics covered by this workshop includes, but is not limited
to, the following:
* Interconnect architectures and network technologies for high-speed,
* Scalable network topologies, suitable for interconnecting a huge
number of nodes.
* Power saving policies in the interconnect devices and network
infrastructure, both at software and hardware level.
* Good practices in the configuration of the network control software.
* Network communication protocols: MPI, RDMA, MapReduce, etc.
* APIs and support for programming models.
* Routing algorithms.
* Quality of Service (QoS).
* Reliability and Fault tolerance.
* Load balancing and traffic scheduling.
* Network Virtualization.
* Congestion Management.
* Applications and Traffic characterization.
* Modeling and simulation tools.
* Performance Evaluation.
* Interfacing accelerators through the interconnect (GPUs, Xeon Phi, etc).
* Network infrastructure in distributed storage, distributed databases
Furthermore, short papers in the above topics will be also taken into
consideration, as long as they are based on emerging ideas,
work-in-progress and early, high-impact achievements.
Note, however, that papers focused on topics that are too far from the
design, development and configuration of high-performance interconnects
for HPC systems and Datacenters (e.g., mobile networks, intrusion
detection, peer-to-peer networks or grid/cloud computing) will be
automatically considered as out of scope and rejected without review.
Regular and short papers must be in PDF format and should include title,
authors and affiliations as well as the e-mail address of the contact
author. Submitted regular manuscripts may not exceed 8 single-spaced
double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages,
including figures, tables, and references. Short papers may not exceed 4
single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11
inch pages. At least one author of the paper must be registered for the
conference workshop. The conference style is based on IEEE (available
HiPINEB manuscript submissions are managed by easyChair. To submit a
paper, go to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hipineb2018 and
follow the instructions.
Authors are entitled to submit original papers of high technical
quality, according to the list of topics described above. Papers will be
reviewed based on originality, novelty, technical strength, presentation
quality, correctness and relevance to the conference scope.
Papers will be published in the HiPINEB proceedings, edited by the IEEE
CPS which will be submitted for indexing and inclusion in IEEE Xplore
Best papers among those selected for HiPINEB 2018 will be invited to
submit and extended version to the Journal of Parallel and Distributed
Computing (JPDC), Elsevier, 2016 Impact Factor: 1.930.
Further details provided soon in
* Submission Opens: October 20, 2017
* Paper submission due: January 8, 2018 (Extended to January 15, 2018)
* Notification of acceptance: January 31, 2018
* Early Registration due: TBA
* Camera-ready papers due: February 5, 2018
* Workshop date: February 24, 2018
All deadlines are set at 11:59 p.m. anywhere on Earth
* Pedro Javier Garcia, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Jose Duato, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
* Francisco Jose Quiles, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
* Timothy M. Pinkston, University of Southern California, USA
* Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox, Israel
* Francisco J. Alfaro, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Jose Cano-Reyes, University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
* Lizhong Chen, Oregon State University, USA
* Nikolaos Chrysos, FORTH, Greece
* Jens Domke, Tokio Institute of Technology, Japan
* Holger Fröning, University of Heidelberg, Germany
* Maria Engracia Gomez, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
* Ernst Gunnar Gran, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
* Ryan E. Grant, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
* Mitch Gusat, IBM Research, Switzerland
* Scott Hemmert, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
* Yuho Jin, AMD, USA
* John Kim, KAIST, South Korea
* Michihiro Koibuchi, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
* Pedro Lopez, Technical University of Valencia, Spain
* Jose Miguel Montañana, University of York, United Kingdom
* Gaspar Mora, Intel Corporation, USA
* Mondrian Nuessle, Extoll, Germany
* Julio Ortega, University of Granada, Spain
* Thibaut Palfer-Sollier, Numascale AS, Norway
* Dhabaleswar K. Panda, The Ohio State University, USA
* Matthieu Perotin, ATOS/BULL, France
* Mikel Eukeni Pozo Astigarraga, CERN, Switzerland
* Samuel Rodrigo, Skala Norge AS, Norway
* Sebastien Rumley, Columbia University, USA
* Jose Luis Sanchez, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
* Jörn Schumacher, CERN, Switzerland
* Alex Shpiner, Mellanox Technologies, Israel
* Evangelos Tasoulas, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
* Luis Tomas Bolivar, Red Hat, Spain
* Enrique Vallejo, University of Cantabria, Spain
* Peng Zhang, Stony Brook University, USA
For more information on HiPINEB 2018 check the website at:
http://hipineb.i3a.info/hipineb2018 or, if you have any question, please
contact the workshop organizers at hipineb at dsi.uclm.es
Logotipo UCLM <http://www.uclm.es>
Escuela Superior de Ingeniería Informática <http://www.esiiab.uclm.es/>
*Jesus Escudero Sahuquillo
* Investigador acceso al SECTI
*Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha*
Departamento de Sistemas Informáticos <http://www.albacete.org> (DSI)
Instituto de Investigación en Informática de Albacete
Escuela Superior de Ingeniería Informática <https://www.esiiab.uclm.es/>
Campus Univ. s/n, 02071 - Albacete
Tfno: 967 599 200 <tel:+34:967599200> | Ext: 2661 <tel:+34:2661> |
jesus.escudero at uclm.es <mailto:jesus.escudero at uclm.es>
Página Personal <http://hipineb.i3a.info/jescudero/> | Mensaje
Instantáneo <sip:jesus.escudero at uclm.es>
El Grado en Ingeniería Informática de la UCLM posee el sello de calidad
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/uclm_es> Facebook
Por favor, no imprima este documento si no es estrictamente necesario.
Cuidar el medioambiente es responsabilidad de todos.
Este mensaje de correo electrónico puede contener información
confidencial de la UCLM, siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario.
Si usted lo ha recibido por error y no es el destinatario del mensaje,
le rogamos que no difunda su contenido y lo comunique al remitente.
Please do not print this document unless absolutely necessary.
Environmental protection is in our hands.
This e-mail may contain confidential information of the UCLM and is
exclusively intended for the addressee.
If you have received it by mistake and are not the intended recipient,
do not send the contents and please notify the sender.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce