[hpc-announce] ICDCS 2018 Call for Tutorials
qin.34 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 13 08:54:39 CST 2018
The 38th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2018) solicits Tutorial proposals for tutorials from active researchers and experienced industry practitioners. Tutorial proposals should address either emerging or established research topics that will be of broad interest to the ICDCS community and as listed in the Call for Papers. Please refer to http://icdcs2018.ocg.at/index.php/calls/call-research-papers/ for relevant topics.
Guidelines for Tutorial Proposals
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages containing the following:
* Abstract (up to 150 words)
* Rationale: why do you believe this is an interesting and significant subject for the Distributed Computing Systems community at large? Is this tutorial or a similar one presented by the same or some authors in some other venues?
* Content details: an outline of the tutorial in the form of a bulleted list with references and estimates for the time that will be devoted to each subject (up to 1 page).
* Materials: a description of materials the tutor(s) plan to distribute (if any), e.g. size, media format, etc. NOTE: the materials themselves do not need to be provided in the proposal.
* Target audience and prerequisites (up to 100 words): from which areas do you expect potential participants to come? What prior knowledge, if any, do you expect from the audience? What will the participants learn? How many participants do you expect?
* Proposed length of the tutorial: please choose from 3 hours (half-day) and 6 hours (full day). If you are flexible, please indicate in the outline the content that will not be included if a short tutorial is given.
* Expected enrollment along with the basis of such enrollment
* Short biography of the tutor(s) with relevant experience on the tutorial topic
Short tutorial summaries will appear in the ICDCS 2018 conference proceedings.
* Feng Qin, The Ohio State University, USA
Please submit the tutorial proposals as a PDF attachment to Prof. Feng Qin: qin.34 [AT] osu.edu via email.
* Tutorial submission: February 26, 2018
* Notification of acceptance: Mar 6, 2018
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce