[hpc-announce] ICPP Workshop BIO-HPC'18: CALL FOR PAPERS + Journal Special Issues
Jose M. Cecilia
jmcecilia at ucam.edu
Wed Feb 7 12:03:15 CST 2018
(Apologies if you receive multiple publicity emails)
CALL FOR PAPERS 6th International Workshop on Novel High Performance Computing
algorithms and platforms in Bioinformatics (BIOHPC’18) August 13, 2018,
Eugene, OR In conjunction with
47th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP 2018)
*ABOUT THE WORKSHOP*
The workshop on Novel High Performance Computing algorithms and platforms
in Bioinformatics gears to gather recent work on both algorithm design and
hardware platforms to deal with the emergent challenges of the next century
in the field of Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational
Chemistry. We are looking for disruptive proposals presented from a
holistic perspective that really make a step forward in these fields. In
this regard, one of the main aims of the workshop is discussing about the
main trends in parallel processing, algorithm definition and problem-domain
requirements altogether, which may anticipate future solutions to be
translated into real benefits to the society. With that in mind, we are
thinking on creating the right atmosphere for a discussion of research
opportunities in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational
Chemistry from a multidisciplinary point of view within the computer
Additionally, proposals may rather be reflective of a broader industry
trend. High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems are becoming crucial to the
progress of science and technology. With particular focus on (but not
limited to) the chemical and pharma industry, we want to provide a forum to
discuss how to translate these results into commercial uptake of new HPC
The goal of BIOHPC’18 is therefore to bring together researchers from
different fields of Parallel Processing, Computer Architecture, Soft
Computing and Bioinformatics to provide a forum for discussing future
research directions and challenges to translate academic results into real
benefits for the society. In conclusion, we look for original, high-quality
research papers, clearly focused on multidisciplinary research that
combines both Parallelism and Algorithm as applied to any possible of
Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry problem.
*TOPICS OF INTEREST*
In particular, contributions are solicited on, but are not limited to, the
· Programming Models and Systems for Multicore, Manycore, and Clusters
· Parallel Stochastic Simulation.
· Biological and Numerical Parallel Computing.
· Parallel and Distributed Architectures.
· Emerging Processing Architectures (e.g. GPUs, Intel Xeon Phi, FPGAs,
mixed CPU-GPU or CPU-FPGA, etc).
· Parallel Model Checking Techniques.
· Parallel Algorithms for Biological Analysis.
· Cluster and Grid Deployment for System Biology.
· Soft Computing Algorithms in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
and Computational Chemistry.
· Application of HPC Developments in Structural Bioinformatics,
Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry.
· Biological and Chemical databases for Big Data Management.
· Automated Verification in Computational Biology.
· System Infrastructure for High Throughput Analysis.
· Biomolecular Structure Prediction and Large Molecular Systems.
· Molecular Visualization of Biological Big Data.
· Large Scale Proteomics.
· Paper submission: April 2, 2018
· Notification of acceptance: May 9, 2018
· Camera-ready paper: May 23, 2018
· Workshop: August 13, 2018
*PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES*
Submissions may not exceed 8 pages in PDF format including figures and
references, and must be formatted in the ACM format located at:
https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submitted papers
must be original work that has not appeared in and is
not under consideration for another conference or journal. Work in
progress is welcome, but first results should be made available as a
proof of concept. Submissions only consisting of a proposal will be
rejected. Please visit the workshop website for additional details.
Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=biohpc18
*EXTENDED PAPER JOURNAL VERSION *The authors of the best papers from the
workshop will be directly invited to submit an extended version for a
special issue on the International Journal of High Performance Computing
applications (IJHPCA <http://journals.sagepub.com/home/hpc>). Notice that
this special issue will be open to other works not previously submitted to
the workshop, although these new papers will compete with the shepherded
ones, which will have higher priority for similar quality. Moreover, the
best two papers within the topic of molecular biology will be invited to
submit an extended version to Bioinformatics
<https://academic.oup.com/bioinformatics>. These papers will undergo a
shepherding process in order to provide the authors with guidance for
improving their work.
· Horacio Pérez-Sánchez, Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Spain
(hperez at ucam.edu)
· José M. Cecilia, Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Spain,
jmcecilia at ucam.edu
· José P. Cerón-Carrasco, Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Spain,
jpceron at ucam.edu
*Technical Program Committee (To be completed)*
· José L. Abellán, Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Spain.
· Ángel Goñi-Moreno, Newcastle University, UK.
· Manuel Ujaldón, University of Málaga, Spain.
· Sandra Gesing, University of Notre dame, USA.
· Ivan Merelli, National Research Council, Genova, Italy.
· Daniele D’Agostino, National Research Council, Genova, Italy.
· Jean Fred Fontaine, University of Mainz, Germany.
· Baldomero Imbernón, Catholic University of Murcia (UCAM), Spain.
http://bio-hpc.eu/biohpc2018/ <http://bio-hpc.eu/biohpc2017/> or contact us
using either one or preferable all email addresses.
José M. Cecilia
Profesor titular de universidad. Secretario Programa de doctorado TCIA
UCAM Universidad Católica de Murcia
Email: jmcecilia at ucam.edu
UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia
Campus de los Jerónimos s/n. 30107. Guadalupe
"Este mensaje es privado y confidencial y se dirige exclusivamente a su
destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje por error, no debe revelar,
distribuir o copiar este e-mail. Por favor, comuníquelo al remitente y
borre el mensaje y los archivos adjuntos de su sistema. No hay renuncia a la
confidencialidad ni a ningún privilegio a causa de una transmisión errónea
o por mal funcionamiento".
"This message is private and confidential and it is intended exclusively
for the addressee. If your receive this message by mistake, you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please inform the sender and
delete the message and attachments from your system. No confidentiality or
any privilege regarding the information is waived or lost by any
mistransmission or malfunction".
[image: arbol_verde_claro.png]No me imprimas si no es necesario.
Don't print me unless it's necessary.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce