[hpc-announce] Keynote talks at the 4th International Workshop on Data Reduction for Big Scientific Data (DRBSD-4) in Conjunction with SC'18
qing.liu at njit.edu
Sat Aug 25 01:51:19 CDT 2018
We are very pleased and honored to announce the keynote talks by Drs.
Lucy Nowell and Laura Biven from Advanced Scientific Computing
Research (ASCR) at US Department of Energy. More details about their
talks will follow shortly.
We also would like to take this opportunity to welcome your
submissions and participation at the workshop. If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Call for Papers
The 4th International Workshop on Data Reduction for Big Scientific
in Conjunction with SC’18
Nov 11th, 2018
As the speed gap between compute and storage continues to exist and
widen, the increasing data volume and velocity pose major challenges
for big data applications in terms of storage and analysis. This
demands new research and software tools that can further reduce data
by several orders of magnitude, taking advantage of new architectures
and hardware available on next generation systems. This international
workshop on data reduction is a response to this renewed research
direction and will provide a focused venue for researchers in this
area to present their research results, exchange ideas, identify new
research directions, and foster new collaborations within the
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Application use-cases which can drive the community to develop MiniApps
* Data reduction methods for scientific data including:
* Data deduplication methods
* Motif-specific methods (structured and unstructured meshes,
particles, tensors, …)
* Optimal design of data reduction methods
* Methods with accuracy guarantees
* Metrics to measure reduction quality and provide feedback
* Data analysis and visualization techniques that take advantage of
the reduced data
* Hardware and data co-design
* Accuracy and performance trade-offs on current and emerging hardware
* New programming models for managing reduced data
* Runtime systems for data reduction
Paper Deadline: September 15th, 2018 (AoE)
Author Notification: September 30th, 2018
Papers should be submitted electronically on SC Submission Website.
* Paper submission must be in IEEE format.
* Paper submissions are required to be within 5 pages excluding references.
Submitted papers will be evaluated by at least 3 reviewers based upon
More information about the hpc-announce