[hpc-announce] CFP - (SCNDS): The 2nd Workshop on Storage, Control, Networking in Dynamic Systems, New Orleans, Louisiana, US. October 19th, 2018

Moayad Aloqaily mzaloqaily at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 11:43:01 CDT 2018

The 2nd Workshop on Storage, Control, Networking in Dynamic Systems (SCNDS
2018)
https://sites.google.com/site/scnds2018/

Co-located with  The International Symposium on DIStributed Computing (DISC)
http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/disc2018/
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
October 15- 19, 2018.

* SCNDS 2018 CFP*

We are excited to announce the 2nd workshop on Storage, Control, Networking
in Dynamic Systems (SCNDS). The workshop is interdisciplinary and touches
storage systems, control systems, distributed computing as well as
networking. It is intended as a forum where people from different
backgrounds can learn from each other. We want to attract both industry
relevant papers as well as papers from academic researchers working on the
foundations of dynamic systems.

"Dynamic system" is defined broadly, such as peer-to-peer networks,
large-scale sensor networks, mobile ad-hoc networks, and cloud computing.
Researchers are encouraged to submit original research contributions in all
major areas, which include, but not limited to:
Storage in dynamic networks, e.g., MANET, VANET

Control in dynamic systems
Complex systems
Network science
Erasure-code based storage systems
Consistency and erasure-codes
Consistency in dynamic networks
Web caching
Storage in data-centers
Big Data in clouds for IoT
Data storage in Fog/Edge Computing
Archival storage systems
Cryptocurrency systems
Cloud storage
Gossip algorithms
Design, implementation, evaluation, and deployment of storage systems
Performance evaluation of networked storage systems
Fault-tolerant control in dynamic networks
Fault-tolerant storage in dynamic networks
New directions on networking techniques

*Submissions Guidelines and Proceedings*

We invite submissions of brief announcements and short papers describing
recent results relevant to the workshop. We especially welcome work
describing new insights and/or application studies even if these are not
fully formed. A major goal of the workshop is to explore new directions and
approaches; thus, we encourage the submission of ongoing work. Selected
contributors would be asked to present and discuss their work at the
workshop.

Submissions should be written in English as PDF file and include title,
author information, and either as a brief announcement or as a short paper.
A brief announcement submission must not exceed 3 pages (including
references) and the title should start with “Brief Announcement:” and a
short paper must not exceed 5 pages (excluding references). The material in
brief announcements or short paper can be published later on in other
conferences or journals.

Submissions must be formatted in accordance with the LIPIcs proceedings
guidelines. Appendices are allowed. LIPIcs typesetting instructions can be
found here and the lipics.cls LaTeX style:
https://www.dagstuhl.de/en/publications/lipics.

Please use the following EasyChair submission link:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scnds2018

*The workshop will be included in LIPIcs proceedings (citable)*. However,
we welcome submissions of extended abstracts describing work that has
appeared or is expected to appear in other venues. Please indicate clearly
with the submission if the work has already been presented/accepted
elsewhere.

*Important Dates*

*Sep. 17, 2018  - Submission deadline*
Sep. 27, 2018  - Decision notification
Oct. 19, 2018   - Workshop

*HIGHLIGHTS*

- *Keynote: *"Putting Distributed Ledgers Together" by Antonio Fernández
Anta (IMDEA)
- *Tutorial: *"Erasure Coding in Consistent Object Stores: Advantages,
Challenges, Theory and Practice" by Prakash Narayana Moorthy and Kishori
Konwar (MIT)
- *Invited Talk*: "Distributed Fault-Tolerant Optimization" by Nitin
Vaidya, Georgetown University

* Program/Organizing Committee*

Viveck Cadambe, PSU
Diana Gonzalez, RLE, Massachusetts Institute  of Technology
Aria Hahn, University of British Columbia
Kishori Konwar - Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Co-Organizer)
Nicolas Nicolaou,  Algolysis Ltd & KIOS Research and Innovation Center of
Excellence, U. of Cyprus
Hsin-Hao Su - Boston College
Lili Su, RLE, Massachusetts Institute  of Technology
Lewis Tseng - Boston College (Co-Organizer)
Moayad Aloqaily, Gnowit Inc.

*Best Regards*
*Moayad Aloqaily, PhD, P.Eng.*