[hpc-announce] Extended submission deadline | ISC 2018 Workshop ATCET | Approximate and Transprecision Computing on Emerging Technologies
ACM at zurich.ibm.com
Wed Apr 25 07:29:18 CDT 2018
=== WORKSHOP UPDATES ===
- Paper submission deadline has been extended to May 11th.
- Opening keynote by: Piotr Luszczek, Research Director at the University
CALL FOR PAPERS
1st International Workshop on
Approximate and Transprecision Computing on Emerging Technologies
at ISC High Performance 2018
Frankfurt, Germany, June 28, 2018
Opening keynote by: Piotr Luszczek,
Research Director at the University of Tennessee
Guaranteed numerical precision of each elementary step in a complex
computation has been the mainstay of traditional computing systems for
many years. This era is at its twilight: to overcome the “power wall”
in Exascale systems, a shift from traditional computing paradigms is now
The ATCET workshop brings together experts from many fields to discuss
and explore the potential of approximation in hardware and software,
from both a statistical and a deterministic viewpoint. Transprecision
computing represents the paradigm shift to break the current performance
and energy-efficiency barriers of systems at all scales, from sensors
=== Topics of interest ===
Topics on approximate and transprecision computing addressed in the
workshop include (and are not limited to):
- Formal and mathematical methods and algorithms
- Error resilient methods and algorithms
- Emulation, metrics, modeling, and benchmarking
- Compiler and system software support
- Emerging Technologies: hardware, processor, memory, and storage
- Applications in HPC, Scientific Computing, Big Data, and Deep Learning
=== Program ===
The workshop will be held from 9:00 to 13:00.
The format consists of an opening Keynote by Piotr Luszczek, Research
at the University of Tennessee, and a series of contributed talks.
=== Important dates ===
Papers Due (EXTENDED): May 11, 2018
Author Notification: May 18, 2018
Camera-Ready Submission: June 22, 2018
Workshop: June 28, 2018
Please submit papers using EasyChair:
For more information, please visit:
=== Submission Guidelines ===
- Accepted workshop papers will be published in a special edition of
"Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)".
- Author guidelines are available from Springer:
- Latex template:
- Word template:
- We accept papers with no more than eight pages in single-column layout.
- The only language accepted is English.
- Questions can be sent to acm at zurich.ibm.com
- Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers.
- By submitting a paper you agree to present the paper at ATCET in
- At least one author has to register for ISC High Performance Workshop
=== Special Issue ===
Authors of best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of
the paper in a journal to be determined.
=== Organizing Committee ===
- Cristiano Malossi, IBM Research - Zurich, Switzerland
- Luca Benini, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Enrique S. Quintana Ortí, University Jaume I, Spain
- Dimitrios S. Nikolopoulos, The Queen’s University of Belfast, UK
- Costas Bekas, IBM Research - Zurich, Switzerland
More information about the hpc-announce