[hpc-announce] UKPEW 2017
nigel.thomas at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Sep 15 05:06:51 CDT 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
33rd UK Annual Performance Engineering Workshop
December 11th/12th 2017
The UK Performance Engineering Workshop (UKPEW) is an annual event that aims to gather researchers working on all aspects of performance modelling and analysis.
We solicit original papers on performance evaluation techniques for computer and telecommunication systems analysis. Papers on or related to the following topics are particularly welcome.
* Performance-oriented design and analysis methods
* Formal modelling paradigms: stochastic process algebra, stochastic Petri nets, stochastic automata networks, Markov chains, queueing theory,...
* Solution and simplification techniques for stochastic processes
* Model checking and validation
* Approximate results for Markov and semi-Markov Processes
* Simulation techniques and experimental design
* Benchmarks and benchmark evaluation
* Performance tools
* Performance case studies
* Performability modelling
* Software performance engineering
* Performance and power consumption tradeoffs
* Performance overhead of secure systems
* New frontiers of performance evaluation/modelling
* Performance analysis of communication networks, mobile and wireless networks, software systems, distributed systems, system architectures, embedded systems, web-based systems, grid computing,...
Full papers 15-20 pages
Work in progress 6-10 pages
Poster presentations 2-4 pages
All papers should be submitted via Easychair in ENTCS format, details on the workshop webpage.
Accepted full papers from the workshop will be published in an issue of Elsevier's Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science after the workshop.
Venue and registration:
The workshop will be held in The Great North Museum, adjacent to the main Newcastle University campus. Registration will be open from 1st October and will cost £125 (£75 for students).
Paper submission deadline: 3rd November 2017
Notification to authors: 17th November 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 1st December 2017
Workshop: 11th/12th December 2017
CRC deadline for ENTCS proceedings: 12th January 2018
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce