[hpc-announce] EuroMPI 2018: Call for Papers
aamer at anl.gov
Fri Nov 10 13:27:08 CST 2017
EUROMPI 2018: CALL FOR PAPERS
The 25th European MPI Users Group Meeting
September 23-26, 2018
EuroMPI is the preeminent meeting for users, developers and
researchers to interact and discuss new developments and applications
of message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to
the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
EuroMPI/USA 2018 will continue to focus on not just MPI, but also
extensions or alternative interfaces for high-performance
homogeneous/heterogeneous/hybrid systems, benchmarks, tools, parallel
I/O, fault tolerance, and parallel applications using MPI and other
interfaces. Through the presentation of contributed papers, poster
presentations and invited talks, attendees will have the opportunity
to share ideas and experiences to contribute to the improvement and
furthering of message-passing and related parallel programming
We invite paper submissions on all topics related to MPI. Topics of
interest include, but are not limited to:
* Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale
computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in
particular new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
* Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like
hierarchical programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
* Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in
computational science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
- Full paper submission due: May 1, 2018
- Authors notification: June 26, 2018
- Camera-ready papers due: TBD
- Conference dates: September 23 - 26, 2018
To be considered, your paper must be formatted according to the
"sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template and up to 10 pages in length.
The page limit includes figures, tables, and appendices, but does not
include references, for which there is no page limit. Margins and font
sizes should not be modified. Authors should submit their work through
the Euro MPI 2018 Submission Site.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE
Select papers will be invited to submit revised and extended versions
to be considered for inclusion in an invitation-only special issue of
the Elsevier Parallel Computing journal. The extended version of the
paper must have at least 30% additional content compared to the
version published at EuroMPI/USA 2018.
Antonio J. Peña, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)
Marc Casas, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Sadaf R Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS)
*Workshops / Tutorials Chair*
Rosa M Badia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Pedro Valero-Lara, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
*Finance and Registrations Chair*
Lia Merteki, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Min Si, Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)
Kyunghun Kim, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Abdelhalim Amer (Halim), Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)
Rafael Mayo, Universitat Jaume I (UJI)
*Local Arrangements Co-Chairs*
Leonardo Bautista-Gomez, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Nuria Sirvent, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
More information about the hpc-announce