[hpc-announce] --DEADLINE EXTENDED-- ACM HPDC 2017 Achievement Award Call for Nominations
Shuaiwen.Song at pnnl.gov
Tue Mar 7 10:24:36 CST 2017
HPDC Achievement Award Nominations
In 2012, HPDC established an annual achievement award, which is presented to an individual who has made long-lasting, influential contributions to the foundations or practice of the field of high-performance parallel and distributed computing (HPDC). These contributions may include one or more of the following:
- conceptual advances that have influenced the design or operation of HPDC systems or applications;
- innovative techniques or tools for the design or analysis of HPDC systems or applications;
- the design, the implementation, and the deployment of innovative (components of) HPDC systems or applications;
- the analysis of innovative (components of) HPDC systems or applications.
In selecting the achievement award recipient, the Award Selection Committee will place particular emphasis on seminal contributions and a sustained record of high impact in the field.
Achievement Award Talk
The award will be presented at the 26th ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC-26) to be held in Washington D.C., United States, from June 26-30, 2017. The winner should be available to receive the award in person and present an achievement award talk at the HPDC-26 conference.
Nominations for the 2017 Award
Candidates may nominate a colleague by sending a letter in PDF form to dthain at nd.edu<mailto:dthain at nd.edu>.
The letter of nomination should be about on page and contain:
- The nominee's current professional affiliation(s).
- A brief citation (thirty words or less) precisely stating the most salient reason(s) why the nominee is qualified for the award.
- A description of the technical contributions of the nominee and their significance and impact.
Nomination deadline: Monday, March 13th, 2017 Extended to March 20th, 2017!
2017 Award Selection Committee
More details about the award nomination process can be found at: http://www.hpdc.org/2017/awards/achievement-award/call-for-nominations/
Shuaiwen Leon Song
Staff Research Scientist
High Performance Computing Group,
Advanced Computing, Mathematics, and Data Division,
Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL),
Email: Shuaiwen.Song at pnnl.gov
It is never too late to become what you might have been. ^
-- George Elliot ^
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce