[hpc-announce] FTS'17 Workshop Call for Papers - extended deadline
ana.gainaru at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 08:28:35 CDT 2017
3rd International Workshop on Fault Tolerant Systems (FTS 2017)
(Call for Papers)
September 5, 2017 @ Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Paper abstract submission: June 22, 2017 July 1st, 2017
Full papers due: July 2, 2017 July 5th, 2017
Deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (AoE)
FTS 2017 is the 3th edition of the FTS workshop series, organized in
conjunction with the 2017 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing
Fault Tolerance is a cross-cutting issue that spans all layers of the
hardware/software stack, and hence, requires coupled improvements in each
layer and co-design between the different layers. FTS aims at providing a
venue for researchers to share experiences across the hardware/software
and attendees to get a holistic view of fault tolerance techniques,
with a focus on HPC and parallel computing.
The focus areas for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
* Techniques for predicting, detecting, and correcting silent data
* Hardware failure prediction and recovery techniques
* Novel hardware design for fault mitigation
* Programming interfaces and libraries to facilitate resilience
* Resilient algorithm design for application level fault tolerance
* Failure modeling and analysis
* Checkpoint/restart model and replication model
* Fault injection techniques for improved tool development
* Hardware and software fault detection and reporting systems
* Fault tolerance for coupled executions, workflows, and in situ data
* Algorithms for performance optimization in the presence of faults
* Techniques and algorithms for rollback recovery
Proceedings of this workshop will be published in CD format and will be
available at the conference (together with the IEEE Cluster conference
proceedings). The accepted papers will be included in and indexed by the
CS digital library.
A selection of the accepted papers will be published in a special issue of
the IJHPCA journal (The International Journal of High Performance Computing
* Camera-ready version of accepted papers must be compliant with the IEEE
* Submissions must be in PDF format.
* Submissions are required to be within 8 pages (all inclusive).
* Authors with accepted papers may purchase additional up to 2 pages.
* Submissions must be single-spaced, 2-column pages in IEEE Xplore format.
* Submissions are NOT double-blind.
* Only web-based submissions are allowed.
* Please submit your paper via the submission system:
* Submission Link : https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fts2017
* Paper abstract submission: June 22, 2017
* Full papers due: July 2, 2017
* Paper Acceptance Notification: July 20, 2017
* Camera-ready deadline: July 27, 2017
* Workshop: September 5, 2017
* Leonardo Bautista-Gomez, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
* Ana Gainaru, Mellanox, USA
* Guillaume Aupy, INRIA, France
* Julien Bigot, CEA - Maison de la Simulation, France
* Wesley Bland, Intel Corporation, USA
* George Bosilca, Innovative Computing Laboratory - University of
* Aurelien Bouteiller, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
* Jed Brown, University of Colorado Boulder, USA
* Sheng Di, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
* Wolfgang Frings, Juelich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
* Esteban Meneses, Costa Rica Institute of Technology, Costa Rica
* Thomas Ropars, Grenoble Alpes University, France
* Kento Sato, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
* Devesh Tiwari, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
* Ferad Zyulkyarov, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce