[hpc-announce] ICDCS 2018 Call for Workshops
qin.34 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 27 09:39:20 CST 2017
The 38th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2018, http://icdcs2018.ocg.at/) solicits Workshop proposals. Workshops provide opportunities for focused discussion on selected topics related to Distributed Computing Systems in a group setting.
A workshop proposal submission consists of a descriptive proposal that is not more than 3 pages in length and contains the following information:
* Title of the workshop
* A brief technical description of the workshop, identification of specific technical issues, focus, and justification of its timeliness
* A brief description of the review process
* Names and contact information of the organizer
* The names, postal addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the proposed workshop organizing committee. This committee should consist of at least two persons knowledgeable in the technical issues to be addressed by the workshop
* Primary contact of the organizing committee
* Estimated number of participants, length, and timetable of the workshop
* Resources required, such as one day or half day workshop, expected number of attendees (room size), whether a panel setup is needed, etc.
* A tentative call for papers with important dates (submission of papers, notifications etc.)
* Information about the previous edition of the workshop (if any) including:
* History and frequency of the workshop
* Previous conference co-locations
* URLs, if available
* Approximate attendance
Acceptance will be based on an evaluation of the workshop’s potential for generating useful results, the timeliness of and the expected interest in the topic, and the proposers’ ability to lead a successful workshop.
Organizers are expected to perform any additional advertising in related communities outside the main ICDCS community, to create and maintain the workshop website, arrange for the collection and refereeing of submissions, and to co-ordinate the collection and delivery of camera ready material and IEEE copyright transfers.
Workshops Program Chair
Feng Qin, The Ohio State University
Workshop Proposal Submission
Please submit the workshop proposals as a PDF attachment to Prof. Feng Qin: qin.34 [AT] osu.edu via email.
* Workshop Proposal Submission: January 03, 2018
* Workshop Proposal Notification: January 09, 2018
* Workshop Website linked from ICDCS 2018 home: January 16, 2018
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce