[hpc-announce] Call for papers: GABB'18 Graph Algorithms Building Blocks Workshop

Mattson, Timothy G timothy.g.mattson at intel.com
Sun Dec 10 12:55:05 CST 2017

IEEE Graph Algorithm Building Blocks (GABB) Workshop (at IPDPS’18)

Description: This workshop series started with the narrow goal of exploring basic building blocks for graph algorithms (http://graphblas.org<http://graphblas.org/>), analogous to the Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms (BLAS). Over the years, our scope has expanded.  We’ve welcomed a wide range of papers into GABB covering graph computations with an emphasis on high-performance and parallel computing. We expect this trend to continue in 2018.

In particular, while we retain our focus on "building blocks" for graph computations (including those not based on linear algebra), we also welcome work that focuses on libraries and frameworks to support applications that use graph algorithms.   Finally, we have been pleasantly surprised to see graph algorithm building blocks used for problems outside graph analytics such as sparse machine learning.  We eagerly welcome such papers at GABB’18.

Our target audience is developers of graph algorithms, researchers in high-performance computing working on irregular applications, applied mathematicians working on fundamental algorithmic building blocks for graph computations, and application scientists using graphs in their computational work and data analysis.

Location: This workshop is co-located with IPDPS 2018, held May 21 – May 25, 2018 at the JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, BD, Canada.  Registration information for IPDPS2018 can be found at here<http://ipdps.org/>.

Submissions: To submit a paper, upload a PDF copy to:

     https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gabb18.

Submitted manuscripts may not exceed ten (10) single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references (see IPDPS Call for Papers for more details). All papers will be reviewed. Proceedings of the workshops are distributed at the conference and are submitted for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library after the conference.

Key Dates:
Submissions due: January 28, 2018 EST 23:59pm
Notification: February 19, 2018
Camera-ready due: March 16, 2018

Organizers:

  *   Chair:
     *   Tim Mattson, Intel Corp.
  *   PC Members (in addition to the chair):
     *   Jonathan Berry (Sandia Labs)
     *   Aydın Buluç (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
     *   John Gilbert (UC Santa Barbara)
     *   Chris Long (US Department of Defense)
     *   Andrew Lumsdaine (PNNL and UW)
     *   Vasia Kalavri (ETH)
     *   Jeremy Kepner (MIT Lincoln Labs)
     *   Kamesh Madduri (Penn State)
     *   John Owens (UC Davis)
     *   Fabrizio Petrini (Intel)
     *   Weifeng Liu (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
     *   Albert-Jan Yzelman (Huawei)