[hpc-announce] CFP: Workshop on Reproducibility and Robustness in Biological Data Analysis and Integration (RRoBIn 2016)
sbhowmick at unomaha.edu
Sun Jun 19 23:00:26 CDT 2016
Please consider submitting your work to Reproducibility and Robustness in Biological Data Analysis and Integration (RRoBIn 2016)
held in conjunction with
The 7th ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics (ACM-BCB 2016).
Deadline Extended to June 30th
The objective of our workshop is to promote awareness of the need for rigor in biological data and to highlight methods that can improve the correctness of data analysis.
Potential topics for this workshop include:
* Pros and cons of machine learning methods for data analysis
* Anomaly detection in biological image processing
* High-throughput assay preparation, execution, and analysis of results
* Methods for multiple-hypothesis testing
* Accuracy and sensitivity of Next Generation sequencing and assembly methods
* Algorithmic transparency and communication standards
* Network modeling - creation, thresholds, and filtering
* "Omics" methods for data aggregation
* Biomedical data fusion
* Verification and validation methods for sorting biological noise from signal
* Trustworthiness of in silico methods without benchmarking studies
Submission Instructions and Link:
We welcome original and unpublished research related to the topics and objectives listed above. As per the ACM BCB website, "Submitted manuscripts should not exceed 10 pages in ACM template<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> on 8.5 x 11 inch paper. The program committee will review all submissions on the basis of their originality, technical soundness, significance, presentation, and relevance to the conference attendees. All accepted papers of registered authors will be included in the proceedings published by ACM Digital Library."
Submit your manuscript through EasyChair using the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rrobin2016
o June 30, 2016: Submission deadline
o July 15, 2016: Decisions released to authors
o July 29, 2016: Camera-ready version deadline
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce