[hpc-announce] TAPEMS 2016: Intl. Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation
Juan A. Rico
jarico at unex.es
Wed Jun 15 07:05:58 CDT 2016
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email)
— Deadline extended to June 30th, 2016 (Final Extension). —
Call for Papers for the International Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation (TAPEMS 2016)
The workshop will be organized by the University of Extremadura, the University Carlos III and the University College Dublin, and will be held by the ICA3PP 2016 conference.
The workshop is organized in cooperation with NESUS (Networks for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing) eCost Action.
Venue & Dates:
Granada, Spain, December 14-26, 2016
Introduction and scope:
Performance and an aspect of it, energy efficiency, has become a key issue in both high performance and embedded computing. The objective of the 1st TAPEMS International Workshop on Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation is to bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to discuss current advances and trends in theoretical approaches to the performance evaluation, modeling and analysis of parallel applications and algorithms on multicore clusters and heterogeneous platforms, including simulation. Three main areas are considered:
1. Performance modeling and evaluation. We pursue contributions on methodologies, metrics, formalisms and tools for the performance prediction and analysis of any subsystem of current machines, such as processor, communications, memory and I/O.
2. Modeling energy efficiency of communication runtimes. Power is considered the major impediment in designing the next-generation exascale systems, particularly affected by the cost of the communications. Current communication performance models as LogGP predict communication completion times. We look for links between communication performance modeling in terms of both time and consumed energy.
3. Heterogeneous computing systems. Submissions in this area are encouraged to model workload and communication in order to optimize energy and performance in heterogeneous computing.
The list of topics for this workshop include (but not limited to):
- Performance modeling, prediction and optimization of parallel algorithms and applications.
- Performance modeling and evaluation of communications in parallel applications.
- Theoretical strategies, methodologies and application of the theoretical aspects to the improvement of the performance.
- Performance analysis of parallel architectures and applications.
- Performance modeling and simulation of parallel algorithms and applications on heterogeneous systems.
- Performance modeling, prediction and optimization of communications, algorithms and applications on heterogeneous systems.
- Theoretical and practical approaches for load balancing on heterogeneous platforms.
- Performance evaluation and modeling of big data techniques.
- Theoretical and practical approaches to reduce the energy consumption in parallel systems.
- Modeling, prediction and measurement of energy consumption on parallel platforms.
- Modeling and analysis of energy consumption in relation to performance.
- Benchmarking and simulation of energy consumption in parallel applications on parallel and heterogeneous architectures.
- Application of the models to applications in different scientific fields.
Submission and publication information:
All papers need to be submitted electronically through the ICA3PP 2016 conference website (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ica3pp2016 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ica3pp2016>) with PDF format. Note that you have to select the track: “TAPEMS 2016: International Workshop in Theoretical Approaches to Performance Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation” at the beginning of the submission procedure. Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings. Papers must be clearly presented in English, must not exceed 14 pages, including tables, figures, references and appendixes. Papers will be selected based on their originality, significance, relevance, and clarity of presentation assessed by at least two reviewers. Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and attend the workshop to present the work.
All accepted papers will be published in a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), by Springer (EI Indexed).
Besides, we also plan to organize a Special Issue in an International Journal with extended versions of a selection of received quality papers.
Paper Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2016 (Final extension).
Author Notification: September 15th, 2016
Camera-Ready Paper Due: October 15th, 2016
Conference Dates: December 14th-16th, 2016
Please, email inquiries concerning the workshop to Juan A. Rico (jarico at unex.es <mailto:jarico at unex.es>), of the University of Extremadura.
Members mailing list
Members at nesus.eu <mailto:Members at nesus.eu>
capap-h mailing list
capap-h at listas.infor.uva.es <mailto:capap-h at listas.infor.uva.es>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce