[hpc-announce] CFP 2nd IODC workshop at ISC High Performance

Julian Kunkel juliankunkel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:39:30 CST 2016

The 2nd HPC I/O in the Data Center Workshop (HPC-IODC 2016) conjunction
with ISC High Performance 2016 on June 25th, 2016, in Frankfurt, Germany.
http://wr.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/events/2016/iodc

** Overview **
Managing scientific data at large scale is challenging for scientists but
also for the host data center. The storage and file systems deployed within
a data center are expected to meet users' requirements for data integrity
and high performance across heterogeneous and concurrently running
applications.

With new storage technologies and layers in the memory hierarchy, the
picture is becoming murkier. To effectively manage the data load within a
data center, I/O experts must understand how users expect to use these new
storage technologies and what services they should provide in order to
enhance user productivity. We seek to ensure a systems-level perspective is
included in these discussions.
In this workshop we bring together I/O experts from data centers and
application workflows to share current practices for scientific workflows,
issues and obstacles for both hardware and the software stack, and R&D to
overcome these issues.

The workshop content is build on two tracks:
1) research paper presentation – you'll need to submit a short paper
regarding relevant research for I/O in the datacenter.
2) talks from I/O experts – you'll need to submit a rough outline for your
talk.
Contributions to both tracks are peer reviewed and require submission of
the respective research paper or idea for your presentation via Easychair:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hpciodc2016

** Track: research papers **
We accept short papers with up to 8 pages (excl. references) in LNCS
format. Our targeted proceedings are ISC's post-conference workshop
proceedings in Springers LNCS.

Paper Deadlines
- Submission deadline: 28-02-2016 AoE
- Author notification: 23-03-2016
- Workshop: 23-05-2016
- Camera-ready papers: 23-06-2016

** Track: Talks by I/O experts **
The topics of interest in this track include but are not limited to:
- A description of the operational aspects of your data center
- A particular solution for certain data center workloads in production
If you are interested to participate, please submit a short (1/2 page)
abstract of your talk together with a short Bio.

Abstract Deadlines:
- Submission deadline: 28-02-2016 AoE
- Author notification: 23-03-2016

** Organization **
The workshop is organized by
- Julian Kunkel (DKRZ, Germany)
- Jay Lofstead (Sandia National Lab, USA)
- Colin McMurtrie (CSCS, Switzerland)

** Program Committee **
Our program committee will be announced soon.

Kind regards,
Julian Kunkel

--
http://wr.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/people/julian_kunkel