[hpc-announce] In-Memory and In-Storage Computing with Emerging Technologies workshop at PACT 2016 - Call for Participation

Albert Cohen Albert.Cohen at inria.fr
Fri Aug 5 11:35:39 CDT 2016

**

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

In-Memory and In-Storage Computing with Emerging Technologies workshop

In conjunction with 25th International Conference on Parallel Computing
and Compilation Techniques

PACT 2016

http://pactconf.org/in-memory-and-in-storage-computing-with-emerging-technologies/

Haifa, Israel, September 11, 2016.

In-Memory and In-Storage Computing with Emerging Technologies workshop
invites you to share your research and creative endeavors with your
colleagues.

PACT 2016 is open for registration. Early registration lasts until
August 15th. Student travel grants can be requested until July 25th.

We are delighted to have Prof. Uri Weiser of Technion and Prof. Engin
Ipek of Rochester University as our keynote speakers!

Our program features 6 selected papers on a variety of subjects
including computer architecture and algorithms based on resistive memory
technologies such as memristors, RRAM, PCM, 3D Xpoint, STT-MRAM and
others. Authors will present a wide range of potential applications
including digital computing, non-volatile storage with processing
capabilities, neuromorphic computing, etc. We will further discuss the
use of emerging technologies as an enabler of the next generation of new
architectures that address the major shortcomings of today’s
conventional high-performance computing such as latency, energy, power
efficiency and scalability.

The workshop will take place in the Dan Carmel Hotel in Haifa, Israel,
overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.

Organizing Committees:

------------------------------

General Chairs:

Shahar Kvatinsky, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
(shahar at ee.technion.ac.il <mailto:shahar at ee.technion.ac.il>)

Leonid Yavits, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
(yavits at tx.technion.ac.il <mailto:yavits at tx.technion.ac.il>

Program Committee:

Albert Cohen, INRIA.

Mattan Erez, UT Austin.