[hpc-announce] IEEE Cluster 2016: Call for Workshops
balaji at anl.gov
Sat Apr 16 20:02:41 CDT 2016
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
IEEE Cluster Conference 2016
September 12-16, 2016
The Cluster 2016 workshop program will provide an opportunity for
authors to present preliminary work related to the topics covered by
Cluster 2016 and, thus, will give attendees access to the latest work
in progress in the field. Cluster 2016 invites proposals for workshops
on a broad range of topics on the design of clusters and related
technologies and on effectively managing or using cluster resources
All workshops will be held on September 16, 2016.
Topic Categories of interest include but are not limited to the
* Cluster node and system hardware;
* Cluster/distributed operating and runtime systems;
* Parallel programming models, language, runtimes and environments;
* Performance evaluation, analysis and optimization;
* Fault-tolerance, resilience, reliability and high availability;
* Data management and distributed and parallel file systems;
* Visualization and data analytics;
* Cluster management tools including resource management;
* Power management, energy and cooling;
* High performance networks and communication systems;
* Clouds and distributed systems;
Proposals are limited to a 3 page description that should include
* A title, an abstract (400 words maximum),and a syllabus;
* Discussion of the topic’s relevance and workshop goals;
* A description of the target audience;
* An indication of half-day or full-day duration;
* If applicable, details on previous instantiations of the workshop,
including attendance numbers.
In addition to the 3 page description, please include the following:
* A brief biographical sketch of each workshop organizer (2 pages per
Workshop proposal will be evaluated as they are received. Decisions
will be made based on the proposal content and its relationship to any
workshop proposals that have been accepted or received at the time the
proposal is received. Since this policy may result in a the workshop
program being completed early, Cluster 2016 reserves the right to close
workshop submissions prior to the date listed below.
A single pdf file with all the material described above should be
submitted to the Cluster 2016 conference on-line submission system
under the workshop track.
Please submit via the submission system:
* Workshops that accept ten or more papers will be provided space for
a full day program;
* Workshops that accept seven to nine papers will be provided space for
four and a half hours (not including breaks);
* Workshops that accept five or six papers will be provided space for
three hours (not including breaks);
* Workshops that accept three or four papers will be provided space for
a half hour per paper;
* Workshops with fewer accepted papers will be canceled.
* Expected number of attendees (for planning purposes).
Cluster 2016 will consider increasing the time allocated to a workshop
if space is available.
Cluster 2016 will provide free conference registration for one keynote
speaker to workshops that accept ten or more papers. The free
registration cannot be used by a workshop organizer, even if the
organizer presents a keynote.
Workshop Proposals Submission Deadline May 9, 2016
Workshop Proposals Acceptance Notification June 9, 2016
Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich
Visit the Cluster web site for updates: http://www.ieeecluster2016.org
More information about the hpc-announce