[hpc-announce] CFP: IHPCES 2015 (5th International Workshop on Advances in High-Performance Computational Earth Sciences) in conjunction with ICCS 2015 ***Extension February 1, 2015 Submission Deadline***
tufo at cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jan 9 12:16:18 CST 2015
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
Fifth International Workshop on Advances in
High-Performance Computational Earth Sciences:
Applications and Frameworks (IHPCES 2015)
In conjunction with ICCS 2015 Conference
Reykjavik, Iceland, June 1-3
Paper Submission Due (10-pages): February 1, 2015
Author Notification: February 28, 2015
Camera-Ready Papers: March 15, 2015
IHPCES 2015 invites original contributions on all topics related to
Computational Earth Sciences, including, but not limited to:
* Simulations using high-end supercomputers in earth sciences, as well as
multi-physics simulations and applications.
* Modeling/large-scale simulations on natural disaster prevention/mitigation.
* Advanced numerical methods for computational earth sciences, such as FEM,
FDM, FVM, BEM/BIEM, Mesh-Free method, Particle method, LBM, etc.
* Numerical algorithms and parallel programming models for computational earth
* Optimization and reengineering of applications for both conventional multi-
and many cores processors, or specified accelerators such as GPU and Xeon Phi.
* Pre/post processing and handling of large-scale data sets for computational
earth sciences, such as parallel visualization, parallel mesh generation, I/O,
data mining, etc.
* Frameworks and tools for development of codes for computational earth
sciences on Peta/Post-Peta/Exa Scale Systems.
All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings of ICCS2015,
published by Elsevier Science in the?open-access Procedia Computer Science
Detailed workshop info:http://heim.ifi.uio.no/xingca/IHPCES2015/
Henry Tufo, University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
Xing Cai, Simula Research Laboratory/University of Oslo, Norway
More information about the hpc-announce