[hpc-announce] Call for Papers: IC2E Workshop on Containers

Seetharami Seelam sseelam at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 6 12:27:33 CST 2015

[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email. If you'd like to
opt out of these announcements, information on how to unsubscribe is
available at the bottom of this email.]

Colleagues:
We are organizing a workshop on Containers at the IC2E confernece (
http://conferences.computer.org/IC2E/2015/index.htm). Please submit your
work in progress papers in this area.

WoC: First International Workshop on Container Technologies and Container
Clouds -- 2015
March 9-13, 2015, Tempe, AZ, USA
In conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Conference on Cloud
Engineering (IC2E 2015)

Lightweight Operating System Containers like Docker are creating storms in
the Cloud. They are likely to transform the computing industry as we know
in the next few years. This first workshop on container technology and
container cloud invites papers and demo’s on fundamentals of containers,
their use in various commercial and scientific fields, and on the
container deployment and orchestration technologies to enable container
cloud platforms. We solicit papers from academia, industry partners and
practitioners to join the discuss on containers and to bring their ideas
to bridge the gap between containers and what it would take to make them
the engines of next generation cloud computing.
Topics of interested include but are not limited to:
                Fundamental issues with Containers
                Operating system extensions to enable flexible containers
                Container Security, Isolation and Performance
                Convergence of fields like HPC, Big Data, and Cloud using
Containers
                Containers vs Virtual Machines
                Workloads leveraging Containers
                Orchestration Technologies for Containers
                Hardware exploitation for Containers and Containerized
Workloads
                New Programming Models Enabled by Containers
Key Dates:
                Submission Deadline: Jan 15, 2014
                Author Notification: Jan 25, 2014
                Camera-ready Deadline: Feb 1, 2014

Organizers and Program Committee:
                PC Chair: Seetharami R. Seelam, IBM T. J. Watson Research
                Publicity Chair: I-Hsin Chung, IBM T. J. Watson Research
                Ming Zhao, Florida International University
                Che-Rung Lee, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
                Wei Tang, Argonne National Laboratory
                Paolo Dettori, IBM T. J. Watson Research
                Michela Taufer, University of Delaware

Submissions:
Since this is a rapid evolving field, we are accepting papers and
presentations in multiple formats. Perspective authors and presenters can
send their proposal as a technical paper, as a 1-2 page abstract, or a set
of presentation slides. We want to make this venue accessible both for
academic work as well as for industry participants so we encourage
experience reports for presentation. The presentation material will be
available on this site during and after the workshop. Please send your
submissions to sseelam at us.ibm.com. We appreciate your interest in this
important field.

Thanks,
Seelam