[hpc-announce] Submission Deadline Approaching: USENIX Workshop on Cool Topics in Sustainable Data Centers
weisong at wayne.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:44:22 CST 2015
The submission deadline is approaching for CoolDC '16
the inaugural USENIX Workshop on Cool Topics in Sustainable Data Centers.
The goal of the workshop is to become a venue where experts in sustainable
energy systems, data center physical infrastructure, networking and server
architecture, cloud computing, and internet-scale applications can come
together to exchange ideas on how to maintain and improve the
sustainability of warehouse-scale computer infrastructure.
Complete paper submissions are due by *Tuesday, December 22, 2015*. Please
see the complete Call for Papers
for additional details and submission instructions.
Topics of interest in sustainable data centers include but are not limited
- Instrumentation, measurement, and characterization studies
- Metrics, benchmarks, interfaces
- Performance, energy and other resource trade-offs, energy complexity
- Energy-efficient software optimization, application design
- System-level optimization, cross-layer coordination
- Scheduling, run-time adaptation, feedback control
- Processor, memory, network, storage, hardware components and
- Reliability and power management
- Thermal management
- Green energy sources and their implications
- Technologies for and management of energy storage
- Life-cycle analysis
CoolDC '16 will take place on March 19, 2016, directly following NSDI '16
in Santa Clara, CA.
We look forward to receiving your submission!
Weisong Shi, *Wayne State University*
Thomas F. Wenisch, *University of Michigan*
CoolDC '16 Program Co-Chairs
cooldc16chairs at usenix.org
Please use cooldc16chairs at usenix.org to contact Weisong Shi.
weisong.shi at usenix.org is for automated list management only.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce