[hpc-announce] ISC 2016: Call for Papers
balaji at anl.gov
Wed Aug 26 02:03:07 CDT 2015
ISC 2016 CALL FOR RESEARCH PAPERS
The ISC research paper sessions provide first-class open forums for engineers and scientists in academia, industry and government to present and discuss issues, trends and results that will shape the future of high performance computing. The Research Paper Sessions will be held Monday, June 20, through Wednesday, June 22.
* Full Submission Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2015, 11:59 pm AoE
* Author Rebuttal: Monday, February 15, 2016
* Author Nofification: Monday, March 7, 2016
* Camera-Ready Submission: TBD
* Research Paper Sessions: Monday, June 20 ñ Wednesday, June 22
AREAS OF INTEREST
We encourage the submission of high-quality papers reporting original work in theoretical, experimental and industrial research and development in the following areas:
* Future design concepts of HPC systems
* Multicore/manycore systems
* Heterogeneous systems
* Network technology
* Programming models
Algorithms & Analysis
* Scalability on future architectures
* Performance evaluation & tuning
* Innovative domain-specific algorithms
Large Scale Simulations
* Workflow management
* Data analysis & visualization
* Coupled simulations
* Industrial simulations
* Scalable Applications: 50k+
* Trends in the HPC chip market
* Exascale HPC
* HPC in the cloud
Storage & Data
* From big data to smart data
* Memory systems for HPC & big data
* File systems & tape libraries
* Data intensive applications
Software Engineering in HPC
* The art of parallel programming
* Application of methods
* Batch job management
* Job mix & system utilization
* Monitoring & administration tools
* Production efficiency
* Energy efficiency
NOTE: Submissions on other innovative aspects of high performance computing are also welcome.
SUBMISSION & REVIEW PROCESS
* Abstracts and papers need to be submitted via the the Linklings submission site at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc/.
* We only accept paper submissions which are formatted correctly in LNCS style (single column format) using either the LaTeX document class or Word template. For details on the author guidelines, please refer to Springerís website at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0. Incorrectly formatted papers will be excluded from the reviewing process.
* Research papers will be peer-reviewed by the Research Papers Committee. Papers will be evaluated by reviewers based on their novelty, fundamental insights and potential for long-term contribution. Borderline papers will go through a rebuttal phase to give authors the chance to respond to reviewer comments and to discuss them with the Research Papers Committee.
* This year, we are planning a significant revamp of the research paper review process. Apart from a longer review cycle, allowing for more thorough reviews, we have an in-person Research Papers Committee meeting where each paper will be discussed before the acceptance decisions are made. We hope that this will allow us to further improve the quality of the research paper session.
* By submitting a paper, you agree to present the paper at ISC High Performance 2016 in Frankfurt, Germany. Presenters need to be registered participants.
The following awards will be given to outstanding papers:
* Hans Meuer Award
In 2014, the organizers of the ISC High Performance conference reintroduced an ISC-sponsored award to encourage outstanding research in high performance computing and to honor the overall best research paper submitted to the conference. This annual award is now called the Hans Meuer Award in memory of the late Dr. Hans Meuer, general chair of the ISC conference from 1986 through 2014, and co-founder of the TOP500 project. From all research papers submitted, the Research Papers Committee will select one paper for the award. The award winner will be announced at the ISC 2016 Opening Session and will be given the opportunity to present a keynote talk on their work in the research paper sessions. The winner will also receive a cash prize of 3,000 Euro, an award certificate, and a free conference pass for the 2017 conference.
* Gauss Award
The Gauss Award is sponsored by the German Gauss Center for Supercomputing, which is a collaboration of the German national supercomputing centers at Garching, J¸lich and Stuttgart. From all papers accepted for the ISC 2016 Research Paper Sessions, the Gauss Award Committee will choose the most outstanding paper in the field of scalable supercomputing to receive the Gauss Award. The winner of the Gauss Award will receive a cash prize of 3,000 Euro, courtesy of the German Gauss Center for Supercomputing. The Gauss Award winner will be presented by Professor Michael Resch, chairman of the Gauss Award Committee, during the ISC 2016 Opening Session, and the award winner will have the opportunity to present a keynote talk on the paper during one of the Research Paper Sessions.
More information about the hpc-announce