[hpc-announce] Call for Participation: Workshop on Scalable Tools

Barton Miller bart at cs.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 24 10:37:57 CDT 2015

*2015 Scalable Tools Workshop*
*CALL FOR PARTICIPATION AND PRESENTATIONS*

We would like to invite you to attend the 2015 edition of the Scalable
Tools Workshop (formerly known as the Petascale Tools Workshop and the
CScADS Tools Workshop). The workshop will be a 3.5 day event to be held
August 3-6 at the Granlibakken Resort at Lake Tahoe.

This is a meeting attended by tool researchers and developers to discuss
common interests and work to advance the state of the art. The
organization of this year's workshop will be like that of prior years.
For the benefit of those of you who have not attended in the past, this
is a working workshop that aims to foster exchange of ideas and catalyze
collaboration with colleagues in the field.  The schedule for the
workshop will include a balance between attendee presentations and
working groups focused on topics of interest to two or more attendees.
Working groups can include joint work on a piece of software, exchange
of information to address immediate needs, work to develop a standard,
discussion of opportunities for collaboration, or brainstorming about
how to address challenges ahead.

A separate message about workshop registration and lodging will follow.

Attendees are not required to make a presentation. *HOWEVER, IF YOU
WOULD LIKE TO PRESENT YOUR**WORK, PLEASE SEND US A TITLE AND BRIEF
ABSTRACT FOR YOUR PROPOSED TALK. *Do this ASAP, as late responses may
not be able to be fit into the program.

Once we have an initial attendee list, we will solicit topics for
working groups and (as in prior years) select the final topics at the
meeting after assessing attendee interests. If you and another
participant want to collaborate on any related topic, this is the place
you can do it.

--bart miller
   john mellor-crummey