[hpc-announce] Deadline Oct. 15, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing SI on Security and Privacy Protection on Clouds
kg71231w at pace.edu
Sun Oct 12 23:41:23 CDT 2014
***Call for Papers***
Security and Privacy Protection on Clouds
Special Issue in IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
The emerging paradigm of cloud computing provides a new way to address the constraints of limited energy, capabilities, and resources. Researchers and practitioners have embraced cloud computing as a new approach that has the potential for a profound impact in our daily life and world economy. However, security and privacy protection is a critical concern in the development and adoption of cloud computing. To avoid system fragility and defend against vulnerabilities exploration from cyber attacker, various cyber security techniques and tools have been developed for cloud systems. This special issue will focus on the challenging topic—“Security and Privacy Protection on Clouds” and invites the state-of-the-art research results to be submitted here.
This special issue calls for original, high-quality, high-impact research papers related to the following broad topics, but are not limited to:
· Cloud Security in New Paradigms
· Mobile cloud security
· Mobile cloud privacy protection
· Cloud hacking and virus protection
· Cloud browser security
· Next generation fire wall for clouds
· Cloud monitoring
· Cloud incident response
· Digital forensics in clouds
· Big data security in clouds
· Cloud data center security
· Database security for cloud systems
· Social engineering in clouds
· Insider threats and models in clouds
· Advance spear phishing in clouds
· Cloud threat intelligence for cloud systems
· Reliability and fault tolerance for cloud systems
· Cloud-based tele-health and medical security and privacy protection
· Hardware-related security in clouds
· Security and performance trade-off
· Energy-aware security in clouds
· Infrastructure security for clouds
Submission due date: Oct. 15, 2014
Notification of acceptance: Jan. 31, 2015
Submission of final manuscript: Mar. 1, 2015
Publication date: 2nd Quarter, 2015 (Tentative)
Submission & Major Guidelines
The special issue invites original research manuscripts which have significant contributions to the various topics in “Security and Privacy Protection on Cloud”. The manuscripts submitted first time are encouraged and they must not have been previously published or submitted for journal or conference elsewhere. Extended work must have significant number of "new and original" ideas/contributions along with more than 49% brand "new" material. Every submitted paper will receive at least three reviews. The editorial review committee will include well known experts in the area. Submissions must be directly submitted via the IEEE TCC submission web site athttps://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/tcc-cs, and must follow instructions for formatting and length listed there.
For additional information, please contact mqiu at pace.edu<mailto:mqiu at pace.edu>.
Selection and Evaluation Criteria
- Relevance to the topics of this special issue
- Significance to the areas of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing
- Novelty, new techniques, and impact of the research
- Quality of the contents
- Readability of the article
- Sufficiency of references and related work
- New and original work, first submission
Rajkumar Buyya, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Meikang Qiu, mqiu at pace.edu<mailto:mqiu at pace.edu>, Pace University, New York City, USA
Sun-Yuan Kung, kung at Princeton.<mailto:kung at Princeton.>edu, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
Mycolleagues mailing list
Mycolleagues at mailman.ufsc.br<mailto:Mycolleagues at mailman.ufsc.br>
- Through this link above you can "subscribe", "unsubscribe", or change your settings in the list, using "username=ufsc" and "password=ufsc".
- If you need any help, please send a message to mycolleagues-owner at mailman.ufsc.br<mailto:mycolleagues-owner at mailman.ufsc.br>.
- ENJOY this COURTESY offered by FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF SANTA CATARINA.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce