[hpc-announce] GCE 2014 at SC14 in November in New Orleans
sandra.gesing at nd.edu
Sat May 24 19:46:13 CDT 2014
GCE: The 9th Gateway Computing Environments Workshop
in conjunction with SC 14 (New Orleans, Louisiana, Nov. 21, 2014)
Call For Papers
We invite the submission of papers related to various aspects of science gateways — their design, but also their use and impact in research and education. We expect authors of accepted submissions to present their work at the workshop. Accepted papers will also be invited to submit full papers for a special journal issue in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience.
Submissions due: July 15
Acceptance notification: August 8
Final acceptance of submissions (all reviewer comments resolved): August 22
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Gateways connecting aspects of advanced cyberinfrastructure (for example: data collections, instruments, and all types of computing services);
* Gateway interoperability including, but not limited to gateways that make use of one another, gateways that exchange data through new or commonly accepted data specifications such as RDF and SparQL, and gateways that provide common interfaces to disparate data or cross-domain data.
* Gateways in support of new communities, for example supporting rural or underserved communities or in newer computational domains such as digital humanities;
* Design and architecture of gateways, including tools and frameworks that make developing gateways easier;
* Gateway security models and solutions;
* Middleware solutions in support of gateways including Web Services, workflow and mashup composers and engines, and similar capabilities;
* Novel user interface/user experience implementations for science gateways
* Non-browser gateways: desktops and mobile computing gateways;
* Approaches to long-term sustainability (for example, experiences with open source development and licensing);
* Gateways and community building, for example citizen science and social networking successes;
* Gateways used in education;
* The management and governance of gateways, such as securing funding, attracting users, monitoring content, and organizing the development team;
* Demonstrations and success stories;
* Summary and survey papers.
The conference will be held at the New Orleans Convention Center. Registration for the conference will open in July 2014.
More information about the hpc-announce