[hpc-announce] CFP: International Workshop on Enhancing Parallel Scientific Applications with Accelerated HPC (ESAA 2014)
"Antonio J. Peña"
apenya at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 8 20:49:56 CST 2014
International Workshop on Enhancing Parallel Scientific Applications
with Accelerated HPC (ESAA 2014)
to be held as part of EuroMPI/ASIA 2014
Japan, September 9-12, 2014
Since 2011, the most powerful supercomputers systems ranked in the
Top500 list are hybrid systems composed of thousands of nodes that
includes CPUs and accelerators, as Xeon Phi and GPUs. Programming and
deploying applications on those systems is still a challenging work, due
to the complexity of the system and the need to mix several programming
interfaces (MPI, CUDA, Intel Xeon Phi) in the same application.
This Workshop is aimed to explore the state of the art of developing
applications in accelerated massive HPC architectures, including
practical issues of hybrid usage models with MPI, OpenMP, and other
accelerators programming models. The idea is to publish novel work on
the use of available programming interfaces (MPI, CUDA, Intel Xeon Phi)
and tools for code development, application performance optimizations,
application deployment on accelerated systems, as well as the advantages
and limitations of accelerated HPC systems. Experiences with real-world
applications, including scientific computing, numerical simulations,
healthcare, energy, data-analysis, etc. are also encouraged.
Areas of interest of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
* Tools, libraries, and environments for accelerators.
* Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and accelerators.
* Performance evaluation scientific applications based on accelerators.
* Automatic performance tuning of scientific applications with
* Integrating accelerators on existing HPC middlewares.
* Run-times for accelerators.
* Energy efficient HPC solutions based on accelerators.
* Storage cache solutions based on SSD accelerators.
* Parallel data analysis for MPI and SSD.
* Real-world scientific and engineering applications using accelerated
* Future trends and prospects for accelerated HPC.
Extended versions of distinguished selected papers accepted and
presented in ESAA 2014, after further revisions, will be published in a
special issue of the International Journal of Computers & Electrical
*SCHEDULE, IMPORTANT DATES*
* *Submission: April 25th, 2014*
* Author notification: March 30th, 2014
* Camera Ready papers due: June 20th, 2014
* Conference: September 9th-12th, 2014
* Prof. Jesus Carretero. University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain.
* Dr. Javier Garcia-Blas. University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain.
* Ivona Brandic. Vienna University of Technology, Austria
* Minyi Guo, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
* Francisco Igual Peña, Universidad Complutense, Spain
* Florin Isaila, Argonne National Labs, Chicago, USA
* Emmanuel Jeannot, INRIA, France
* Hai Jin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
* Timothy K. Jones, University of Cambridge, UK
* Laurent Lefevre, INRIA, Ecole Normale Superieure of Lyon, University
of Lyon, France
* Diego R. Llanos, University of Valladolid,Spain
* Dimitar Lukarski, Uppsala University, Sweden
* Svetozar Margenov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
* Raffaele Montella, University of Napoli Parthenope, Italy
* Ravi S Nanjundiah, Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India
* Ariel Olesiak, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center, Poland
* Antonio J. Peña, Argonne National Labs, Chicago, USA
* Enrique S. Quintana-Orti, Universidad Jaume I de Castellon, Spain
* Matei Ripeanu, University of British Columbia, Canada
* Leonel Sousa, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Universidade de Lisboa,
* Alexander Supalov, INTEL, USA
* Rupa K. Thulasiram, University of Manitoba, Canada
* Manuel Ujaldon, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
* Roman Wyrzykowski, Czestochowa University of Technology, Poland
* Julius Zilinskas, Vilnius University, Lithuani
* Xingshe Zhou, Northwestern Polytech University, China
*PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES*
Contributors are invited to submit a full paper as a PDF document not
exceeding 6 pages in English. The title page should contain an abstract
of at most 100 words and five specific, topical keywords. The paper must
be formatted according to double-column ACM ICPS proceedings style. The
usage of LaTeX for preparation of the contribution as well as the
submission in camera ready format is strongly recommended. Style files
can be found at www.acm.org/publications/icps-instructions/
All contributions will be fully peer reviewed by the program committee.
Registration for EuroMPI/ASIA 2014 main conference is mandatory to
The paper submission online system is open:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the hpc-announce